Identify this Vacuum hose and part please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
This little part and hose is making a loud hissing noise when shutting off truck, experiencing very rough idol and hesitation both, enough to shake the truck.

I found this hose after doing some work earlier, the hose is not connected to anything at the end, however last time I seen it, it seemed like it ran to under the battery area somewhere if I'm not mistaking. The other end of it runs to this un-kown picture below? I'm thinking a check valve? Which then connects to the brake booster in the rear right of the engine bay.

It seems like a little T connecter, the long part of the hose, (not the part connected to the brake booster), but the long part that ran somewhere under the battery was brittle, it was broken on the end, also broken in the middle, and also tore up towards this little "T"? Part.

I want to replace the T (unkown part?) and the hose if I can get the name for the part and information on where this hose might lead to?

I'm also thinking this could have been my idling problem all along. I thought maybe I bumped it and disconnected it when cleaning the TB, but obviously I couldn't have tore this thing in three different places.

The hose is currently making a hissing noise when shutting the truck off and is also what I believe to be throwing the CEL.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Here's a picture I found from another member. The circle is around the "Rubber" piece or "Valve" I'm looking for. The hose is running along the green line. Also appears to go somewhere near the battery in this picture also.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
After reading, reading, and reading online. I'm almost positive this is going to be the line that runs to my Cruise Control Servo for some reason, being that the line was broke in three different locations and I haven't had cruise control since picking up the truck, also ac only blows on high. Quite strange both run off the same reserver and vacuum hoses, which leads me to think that's what this hose is.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry I don't have my truck to compare it to. I will look tomorrow while I'm replacing my waterpump.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I got a couple things I gotta do, but I'll take a look at my dad's truck and see what I can come up with.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Thank you for that, but so you don't waste your time, I found it. Sure enough my suspicions were correct. I'm assuming that battery acid ate up that vacuum line. I took the hole wheel well out, but found the issue and sure enough it was the Cruise Servo vaccum which everyone said was a common problem from my reading. The hose that was cracked in three different spots on the top, turns out the end of it is connected to the cruise servo is also broke off down there and all tore up also. So I'm assuming this was the issue with my cruise the whole time.

Now to the parts store for some fittings and vaccum hoeses, hopefully I can get this thing running right today.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Dang it.
I was about to move the pictures over. lol

Just curious, is it possible the T was capped off for the cruise control and you bumped it, thereby rendering a vacuum leak?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm going to post pictures anyway for any people that find this thread in need of help in the near future.

The T up by the brake booster. The line on the bottom of the T is what goes to the Cruise Control Servo unit under the battery.

100_5986_zps1ca6b6c9.jpg

The line circled I believe is the line that broke on the OPs truck

100_5987_edit_zps5dcd3c53.png

Pictures taken from 2002 Ram 1500 2WD with 4.7 V8

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Dodge Dude, appreciate you posting them pictures. I know someone will probably need them for reference in the near future. I do appreciate you taking the time to snap those and I'm sure others do to. I'll update this post with some more pictures today for others also, just got back from the parts store.

02Ram_grocerygetter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, new to the forum.

Just noticed this hose was broken today, was bouncing around last night in a parking lot and then my CEL came on. My cruise has not worked since I bought the truck, could the hose totally breaking also throw a code?