Need Help Identifying a Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocephus86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman 3.6L

I have an issue with oil getting up into my throttle body. I plan to replace the PCV Valve and Hose, and I want to replace the hose pictured. Note that there is oil in this hose, and I am getting a decent amount of oil into the inlet of the throttle body, which had been giving me an electronic throttle control error. I cleaned all the oil out, but want to solve the root cause.

Any help with identifying the hose? I'm thinking of plugging it temporarily.

Joe

Attachments

• Ram Hose.jpg
    Ram Hose.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 7

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it cracked? Why replace it?

If you plug it it's just going to allow your engine to fill up with moisture, deposits. Cause downstream issues. Better off to figure out what the root problem really is. Or go catch can (I can't believe I just said that....lol)

From a quick search, THIS is what comes up. But it doesn't look right. You might need to go to the Mopar site, plug in your tk's vin, search for PCV hose.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That looks like the transmission breather tube. I'm guessing on the other side of that plastic it's clipped to is just a vent opening.
If oil is coming out of that tube, you have transmission problems

OP
OP
J

Jocephus86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing the clip on the hose for one thing. I'll follow the other end to see where it ends up.