Important info on sausec17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scammers like this tend to create new member names and email addresses with dynamic IP's. Tracking them is an impossible task. They may be sausec17 on Tuesday, GearBag on Friday and the following week have 2 or more new names.

RamForum will not intervene in a situation like this. However, we have left this thread up as an example of what can happen. Hopefully everyone will be careful and insure they are protected against fraud by taking reasonable precautions as noted in the For Sale rules.

This is why I think the 50 post mimimum requirement is good in order to sell.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a bridge for sale, used but well maintained

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Such important advice, and never gift someone thru Paypal just to save the fee as you will have no recourse.

I just found a rather disturbing trend that most would not blink an eye at. I found an item on Carparts from August Pohl Auto Parts USA-MI a boneyard in MI. I called them to purchase the item, I was informed they only accept cash and wire transfers! WTF? He told me it was because too many people were using the CC companies to charge back purchases. I checked them out on line and they less than stellar reviews (3 out of 5 stars), with more than a few some folks complaining about there return policy and tactics. I almost went for it because I really wanted the item and it was at a decent price and maybe I would have been very satisfied with it. The lack of recourse in wire transferring money was just not a gamble I was comfortable with, even though they are a well established business.

What really ****** me off about this Sausec clown is honest folks will have a harder time selling stuff on here!

Honestly i understand that to a point. I had sold a steering wheel on ebay, My old one, i switched to leather. I listed every little thing wrong with it and what not. Few weeks after it gets delivered and he leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK the ******* tries to do a chargeback through his CC company. Never contacted me or anything. Luckily i did everything through ebay and paypal which gives me seller protection.

Even with seller protection they took the money back until I proved that i sent the item and took screen shots of the feedback and everything.

So i understand not wanting to deal with that every time someone wants to get one over on you. Especially if paypal isnt used they will never see that money.

Definitley isn't buyer friendly but protects the seller. Its like a loose loose..just gotta trust the person you are buying from or use paypal and cover your tracks hahah

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Look, whatever the police do or don't do is beyond my control. I can't just turn my back on this and do nothing. At the very least I can say that I did my part to expose this guy and hopefully he doesn't get the chance to burn the next guy. In fact when I started making noise about this guy he had quite a few number of classified ad's open. Had I just kept my mouth shut I think a few other members would be added to this list. Just walking away and forgetting about seems lazy to me. I need to do my part to report people like this and the crimes that they do. Enough people report this guy and sooner or later he will be held accountable.

if the US Postal Service was involved, it would be a federal offense. Years ago, a friend of mine bought a shaker hood setup for an e-body from somebody in the midwest. When he opened up the shipping crate, it was just a bunch of worn out scrap auto parts. He notified the postal inspector, and the PI tracked down the guy. My friend got most of his money back.
As for Pay Pal, they are far from fool proof. It really can be a crap shoot dealing remotely, like that.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
if the US Postal Service was involved, it would be a federal offense. Years ago, a friend of mine bought a shaker hood setup for an e-body from somebody in the midwest. When he opened up the shipping crate, it was just a bunch of worn out scrap auto parts. He notified the postal inspector, and the PI tracked down the guy. My friend got most of his money back.
As for Pay Pal, they are far from fool proof. It really can be a crap shoot dealing remotely, like that.
Postal inspectors ain't no joke. This is the kinda call the live for.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

perk7089

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes I agree BUT it shouldn't have to be this way!! They need to make public examples of trash like them!! So the next con don't do the same thing!! It's a shame that people like him ruins it for honest folks like us!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did he screw everyone or just some at the end? Either way it's f@cked up. I'm in Atlanta if anyone needs me to check an address or whatever.

gigabyte3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like the last few things he sold are the ones SOL. Me being one of them....

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Scammers like this tend to create new member names and email addresses with dynamic IP's. Tracking them is an impossible task. They may be sausec17 on Tuesday, GearBag on Friday and the following week have 2 or more new names.

RamForum will not intervene in a situation like this. However, we have left this thread up as an example of what can happen. Hopefully everyone will be careful and insure they are protected against fraud by taking reasonable precautions as noted in the For Sale rules.

He speaks the truth, I used to be an Admin at Steelers Fever, and I'm a Moderator now at Steelers Xtreme. These people are a massive pain in the ass. You ban one account, they create another. They have dynamic IPs so it makes it pretty much impossible to track whether one account is the same person that got banned in the first place. We have one troll in particular in our neck of the woods that has been creating accounts for months, none of them have the same IP, and the only reason we figure out it's him is because of his writing style, and he pretty well admits it's him when we call him out on it. Online scammers, generally aren't that stupid, they're not going to admit it.

Just be extremely careful who you're doing business with. Make sure they're following B/S/T rules of the forum, and research their screen name and do a little internet sleuthing to see if they've ever ripped someone else off on this forum, or another. Most importantly do everything through Paypal, and make sure they send you an invoice. Yes, there are fees associated with that, but it protects you if the seller tries to make off with your money without sending you the product. Never just "Gift" the money to their Paypal, and never do any money orders, or Western Union.

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never gift the money because there's no recourse to get your money back I'll pay the fee for the protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I never gift the money because there's no recourse to get your money back I'll pay the fee for the protection.

Exactly

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Me neither. I've gotten burned sending it as a gift in the past.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It happens more than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.