Incessant problems with 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - Terrible Ownership Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry but that is a stupid comment to make. Someone shoots and unarmed person asleep in their care it is wrong and there is no second side. Send a cruise missle into a wedding party and kill 30 men, women, and children, and there is no second side.
It's actually a valid point. There are two sides to every story, even the two examples you gave. They may not be acceptable to you, but they are still there. For instance, in your cruise missile example, the actual target may be someone who has himself killed hundreds or thousands of people, and the commander who ordered the strike felt that the risk of collateral damage was worth taking him out. Not an easy call to make.

MiamiMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi w/ torque
Just caught up on this story! Unless I missed it...

-Was a complaint filed with the BBB?
-State Attorney General involved?

I'm assuming his lawyer went down those roads but am curious nonetheless.

Can't lie...a little disappointed that we don't know exactly how the story ended. I invested some time reading this thread! LOL

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just caught up on this story! Unless I missed it...

-Was a complaint filed with the BBB?
-State Attorney General involved?

I'm assuming his lawyer went down those roads but am curious nonetheless.

Can't lie...a little disappointed that we don't know exactly how the story ended. I invested some time reading this thread! LOL
Yeah, I think we're just going to have to make up our own endings. I'll start:

After 4 months of watching his truck sit at the dealership, he visited 5 attorneys who all told him it was a worthless battle and he should just trade in the vehicle. So he went and picked it up, but now there was mold and mushrooms growing from the headliner from it sitting in the rain. He proceeded to harvest the mushrooms, which were the magic kind, and was promptly busted by the local PD who had been staking out the truck as a grow operation. After his plea deal, 30 days in the can and a $5k fine, he returned home and drove the truck to his local Ford dealer, who deducted another $5k for the moldy headliner and gave him $25k trade on a used truck and sold him a $64k Ecoboost Lariat, which really cost him $84k since he was $20k upside down on the Ram.

:dogpile:

MiamiMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi w/ torque

After 4 months of watching his truck sit at the dealership, he visited 5 attorneys who all told him it was a worthless battle and he should just trade in the vehicle. So he went and picked it up, but now there was mold and mushrooms growing from the headliner from it sitting in the rain. He proceeded to harvest the mushrooms, which were the magic kind, and was promptly busted by the local PD who had been staking out the truck as a grow operation. After his plea deal, 30 days in the can and a $5k fine, he returned home and drove the truck to his local Ford dealer, who deducted another $5k for the moldy headliner and gave him $25k trade on a used truck and sold him a $64k Ecoboost Lariat, which really cost him $84k since he was $20k upside down on the Ram.

@JD Martin Maybe we can just continue your ending???

After driving his $84k ecoboost Lariat for a week he noticed he was getting 2 mpg less than the window sticker. He joined the Fords forums and started asking questions. 3 other people were also getting 2 mpg less than advertised...so they emailed the CEO of Ford. After 7 months without a response they filed a class action lawsuit. Judgement was not in their favor but he couldn't stomach his Ford anymore. So...he traded it in for a Silverado. But he was $20k upside down on the Ford, so he is now driving a $104k High Country.

(Disclaimer: All in good fun...truly hope he's happy in his truck now)

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
And the worst thing about this story, this Imbread traded this triple lemon in on a 2019 F-150 Lariat and some unsuspecting Slop is going to purchase this POS and all of its problems this is what's wrong with America Oh buyer beware!!!!!
I don't think he did anything wrong. He was mistreated by FCA, no wonder he swapped brands. Cant blame him. Now you cant call him names because the truck is still out there, you ever worry about your old vehicles....I don't.
He somehow got out form underneath it, and bought another brand.

Glad he was able to put his family in something he feels is worth his payment.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

After driving his $84k ecoboost Lariat for a week he noticed he was getting 2 mpg less than the window sticker. He joined the Fords forums and started asking questions. 3 other people were also getting 2 mpg less than advertised...so they emailed the CEO of Ford. After 7 months without a response they filed a class action lawsuit. Judgement was not in their favor but he couldn't stomach his Ford anymore. So...he traded it in for a Silverado. But he was $20k upside down on the Ford, so he is now driving a $104k High Country.

(Disclaimer: All in good fun...truly hope he's happy in his truck now)
Now that's some funny stuff right there!!!!

:happy175: :happy175::drink_nl:

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

:anitoof: A little over a week later, geographic tensions in the Middle East caused gas prices to rise by 30 cents per gallon; because he was already strapped to the hilt with the $104k payment on the Silverado plus the crazy gap insurance, he was forced to take the bus for a couple of weeks until he found a dealer willing to take his Silverado in trade; unfortunately, he was $30k upside down so he's now driving a $134k Toyota Corolla :rofl:

MiamiMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi w/ torque
:anitoof: A little over a week later, geographic tensions in the Middle East caused gas prices to rise by 30 cents per gallon; because he was already strapped to the hilt with the $104k payment on the Silverado plus the crazy gap insurance, he was forced to take the bus for a couple of weeks until he found a dealer willing to take his Silverado in trade; unfortunately, he was $30k upside down so he's now driving a $134k Toyota Corolla :rofl:

Three weeks after getting in to his Corolla he tried towing his boat to the lake. He was surprised to find out the Corolla wasn't as adept at towing as any of his three 1/2 tons. The Corolla ended up in the lake and his insurance is denying the claim as the manual clearly states the Corolla isn't made for towing. During the process, an investigation was launched. He, and the financing companies involved, are being questioned for financing 300%+ LTV.

He's back on the bus, reading these forums on his phone, wondering why he didn't stick with the 2019/2020 truck of the year.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
This might be better than most Hollywood scripts out there. Who owns the movie rights?

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Three weeks after getting in to his Corolla he tried towing his boat to the lake. He was surprised to find out the Corolla wasn't as adept at towing as any of his three 1/2 tons. The Corolla ended up in the lake and his insurance is denying the claim as the manual clearly states the Corolla isn't made for towing. During the process, an investigation was launched. He, and the financing companies involved, are being questioned for financing 300%+ LTV.

He's back on the bus, reading these forums on his phone, wondering why he didn't stick with the 2019/2020 truck of the year.
:happy175::happy175: That's hilarious. Hopefully he's not reading this and plotting our demise. Hey fotomatt, if you're out there we're just giving you hell :gr_grin:

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Threads like this remind me why I’ll never buy a newer used truck again.

I also notice a common trend - higher trim levels with more profit margin seem to be more problematic.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Threads like this remind me why I’ll never buy a newer used truck again.

I also notice a common trend - higher trim levels with more profit margin seem to be more problematic.
I would add a modern day muscle car/sports car as well.
You know it gets beat to **** before being traded in or repo'ed. lol
Plus, who knows how many tunes, mods have been done and it's probably running "on borrowed time". lol

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would add a modern day muscle car/sports car as well.
You know it gets beat to **** before being traded in or repo'ed. lol
Plus, who knows how many tunes, mods have been done and it's probably running "on borrowed time". lol

I agree on the sports cars. The rams I've had good luck with lower mileage and used, have had 2 sports and a longhorn purchased between 20-30k miles on them and they've been pretty good overall, no major problems at all. I plan to keep that going but maybe get my next one in the 10-15k miles range.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really late to this party and it’s past time to put it to bed but, after reading all of fotomatt’s posts and most everyone else’s. It strikes me that no one questioned weather during the 1,600 miles this truck was driven before he bought it, was it possible the truck had been wrecked? The cracked rear window frame, water leaking in the roof and sagging right side doors screams structural issues with the cab.

That’s why I never buy a “demo”, short for demolished.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s why I never buy a “demo”, short for demolished.
That's the thing - guys are so bent on saving $1-2k that they buy problems. It makes absolutely no sense, especially when 99% of the people are going to finance the purchase.