Infotainment bezel with volume control for 8.4 radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for an infotainment 8.4 bezel with the volume control . I don't need the fan/temperature controls, but if it's a deal breaker we can maybe work something out

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm looking for an infotainment 8.4 bezel with the volume control . I don't need the fan/temperature controls, but if it's a deal breaker we can maybe work something out
Just FYSA, these don't have a great track record for reliability. That being said, you may be able to get used cheap from someone that's moved on.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was looking for the same thing for almost 2 years, they just didn't exist in used version. I had the 8.4 bezel without the volume knob that I bought from infotainment. I ended up ordering the volume knob and wire assembly from infotainment and adding it myself. Good luck

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If your looking for just the bezel, have you checked the local salvage yards? www.car-part.com
Is there something special about the infotainment version? I know there's ones that are modified for the Heat/Cool buttons modified to work with a single zone ATC but the OP isn't looking for temp controls.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If your looking for just the bezel, have you checked the local salvage yards? www.car-part.com
Is there something special about the infotainment version? I know there's ones that are modified for the Heat/Cool buttons modified to work with a single zone ATC but the OP isn't looking for temp controls.
I believe he's looking for the one with analog audio control. It is a means of upgrading to an 8.4 with less parts to make the conversion to lower overall cost.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I believe he's looking for the one with analog audio control.
It's been a while since I've had the dash apart, couldn't remember if all the knobs on the bezel were part of the HVAC knob assembly.
Is the used part market for them that scarce? I can understand the UAS/UAQ radios being hard to find but the bezels were in a whole lot more year trucks.

OP
OP
shmedley

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already have the full 8.4 conversion, The wife all of a sudden is very annoyed by the HVAC controls after she was in a buddies truck with the 3 manual knobs.

I believe he's looking for the one with analog audio control. It is a means of upgrading to an 8.4 with less parts to make the conversion to lower overall cost.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I already have the full 8.4 conversion, The wife all of a sudden is very annoyed by the HVAC controls after she was in a buddies truck with the 3 manual knobs.
It's probably not a good idea to **** off the wife intentionally but I don't think I would want to rely on the steering wheel volume controls or does the infotainment versions add the volume knobs to the manual HVAC knob bezel?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think she'd be far more unhappy with the reliability of the volume control knob on infotainments bezel (from what I've heard). Either way, Good Luck! Happy Wife, Happy Life...
It's probably not a good idea to **** off the wife intentionally but I don't think I would want to rely on the steering wheel volume controls or does the infotainment versions add the volume knobs to the manual HVAC knob bezel?
You essentially remove the face from your RA1/RA2 bezel and replace it with their's...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat