Infotainment with NAV P/N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rashidc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I recently bought a 2014 RAM 1500 with NAV. When I took it for a test drive the infotainment system kept rebooting. The used card dealer said it will be replaced upon delivery. The day of the pickup, I noticed the replacement unit didn't have NAV option. The dealer said they will order another unit and replace it. They got two units from the junkyard and none had NAV. I was told that there is no way to find out if a unit has NAV enabled. Is this true? Or is there a P/N for the one with NAV option? Truck is with the dealer for the past 1 week and its been financed already.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you get a unit that is capable of NAV, you would have to run the VIN of the vehicle it came off of, to see if it was enabled. Just because it is NAV-ready, doesn't mean it was activated.

You could just ask them to pay to have it activated...

OP
OP
R

Rashidc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you get a unit that is capable of NAV, you would have to run the VIN of the vehicle it came off of, to see if it was enabled. Just because it is NAV-ready, doesn't mean it was activated.

You could just ask them to pay to have it activated...

Thanks, will advise the dealer accordingly.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks, will advise the dealer accordingly.
The part numbers are easily identified. The salvage yard will list them w/ NAV or without. You are looking for a VP4/RA4 8.4.

I would not settle for the RA3 with NAV activated.

OP
OP
R

Rashidc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The part numbers are easily identified. The salvage yard will list them w/ NAV or without. You are looking for a VP4/RA4 8.4.

I would not settle for the RA3 with NAV activated.
Thanks. Dealer said he was able to source one. Not sure which one they installed. Will have to go and check, hope there is option that displays details about the unit.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks. Dealer said he was able to source one. Not sure which one they installed. Will have to go and check, hope there is option that displays details about the unit.
An easy way to identify it is if it has HD radio it's an RA4 with NAV and if not than it's an RA3 (to which NAV may have been added).