Input on Front Winch Bumper on my 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I'd suggest you put a hitch on the front then get a warn winch that can be moved from the front and back. A front hitch is versitle.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
That's actually what I have right now with the winch on a hitch plate for the front or back but the main focus isn't so much the winch, but this whole effort is driven by a new bumper. I just know that if I had to mount my winch anywhere, I'd rather use it on the front than back since I'll have the remove the current hitch d7beb0838c36430ea2a15e3e1f58fb63.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
So back to the question - does anyone have any experience or knowledge about Paramount and their bumpers?

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Is it a gas or diesel truck?

I have had similar bumpers and they add overall length and reduce approach angle in some situations. I prefer a recessed winch like the PW however that’s not an option on diesel because of the intercooler.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Is it a gas or diesel truck?

I have had similar bumpers and they add overall length and reduce approach angle in some situations. I prefer a recessed winch like the PW however that’s not an option on diesel because of the intercooler.
It's a diesel. I unnderstand the bumper will be a bit longer, etc.... I like the look of the bumper just want to know that it's not a company known for using cheap materials/parts etc

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
I can't comment on the paramount one but I have the one linked below. It seemed to be a good option for the diesel because all the cutouts to allow airflow to the intercooler. I have had this one and the rear bumper installed over a year now with no issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DV8-Offroa...520586&hash=item1aa2a5d236:g:qEUAAOSwrmBfV1zR
Edit: The pic didn't show on the app - looks good here on the PC. Doesn't the intercooler sit behind the grill and not so much the bumper?

Last edited:

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It provides "some" airflow. Not as much as the stock bumper but this one seemed to have the most out of the winch bumpers that I was looking at.

If you look close you can see a mesh grill under the winch as well.

upload_2020-11-17_8-51-5.png

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
It provides "some" airflow. Not as much as the stock bumper but this one seemed to have the most out of the winch bumpers that I was looking at.

If you look close you can see a mesh grill under the winch as well.

View attachment 227729
That's a good looking front end. I never thought to make the grill black but it looks good. I never thought about the airflow for the intercooler through the bumper as being a necessary factor

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
That looks good also. Question for anyone out there that has a custom front bumper.... have you retained your front parking sensors? why or why not? Most bumpers I see don't have the slots for them normally. Now I guess I could just drill and install them, but are they needed?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some will like to keep them. I don’t have those in my truck but my wife suv has them front and rear and they come handy sometimes according to her but I can’t tell I’ll need them. I know they make a beep beep sound but I still use my mirrors and verify with eyes old school. Screw those pos sensors that’s why people don’t know how to “drive” anymore. Lol.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Some will like to keep them. I don’t have those in my truck but my wife suv has them front and rear and they come handy sometimes according to her but I can’t tell I’ll need them. I know they make a beep beep sound but I still use my mirrors and verify with eyes old school. Screw those pos sensors that’s why people don’t know how to “drive” anymore. Lol.
That's fair, I just have issues pulling into parking spots forward lol. I back into spots 90% of the time, but that 10% that has slanted spots are harder to back into and I end up opening my door and standing up to look at the bumper off the car in front of me

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your inter cooler will be the main issue as stated in previous responses, that’s why Ram doesn’t put a diesel in the Power Wagon.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Your inter cooler will be the main issue as stated in previous responses, that’s why Ram doesn’t put a diesel in the Power Wagon.

Main issue meaning that I need to ensure there is open airflow through the bumper?

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
And placement of intercooler

I don't follow - meaning that I need to ensure the aftermarket bumper and/or winch doesn't impact the current intercooler placement?