Inside door / headliner moulding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Mog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Afternoon all,

The rubber door/headliner moulding on both sides (driver/pass) on my rear doors is sagging. Doesn't catch if I push it back up, just sags back down. Imagine this may be a result of the 3rd brake light leak which I already fixed. Any suggestions or tricks you guys have found for this? I'd prefer to not remove the entire moulding to replace it, or glob a bunch of unnecessary adhesive/etc in there when it seems like what should be an easy fix.
Thanks ahead of time

Attachments

• 20230506_134608.jpg
    20230506_134608.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230506_134615.jpg
    20230506_134615.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Afternoon all,

The rubber door/headliner moulding on both sides (driver/pass) on my rear doors is sagging. Doesn't catch if I push it back up, just sags back down. Imagine this may be a result of the 3rd brake light leak which I already fixed. Any suggestions or tricks you guys have found for this? I'd prefer to not remove the entire moulding to replace it, or glob a bunch of unnecessary adhesive/etc in there when it seems like what should be an easy fix.
Thanks ahead of time
Remove the c and b pillars and drop the headliner to inspect. It's possible your roof antenna is leaking so you can start on the driver's side.

OP
OP
Mr Mog

Mr Mog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey thanks for the reply. I should've been more specific. There is no further leaking at all, the entire headliner is dry. Just the upper middle section of the rubber moulding above both rear sides of the back seat sags like in the pics. If I push it up, it doesn't "snap" into place. Didnt know if there was some trick I'm missing or what.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you tried squeezing the moulding together where it should grab? If it is spread apart it will not hold.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you use pliars,wrap the jaws of the pliars with black tape/electrical tape first,otherwise they might leave tracks on the molding