Installed Bilsteins, TGC rear spacer and 35's....that don't fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stewi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've slowly been acquiring all the parts to do a level with Bilsteins. Last week I installed the rear Bilsteins and a TGC 1.5" rear spacer. Everything went smoothly, knocked out both sides in about an hour and a half. I moved on and removed the front struts and UCA's but I couldn't install the new ones because I was waiting for my Mevotech UCA's to come in.

image_52.jpg

Fast forward to today, I have everything I need, or so I think. I go to remove the strut top nut on the right strut, it starts coming off using an impact gun and then it siezes and gets stuck. I soaked the damn thing in PB blaster prior and used heat, no luck. So I'm trying to hold the nut with a wrench and turning the strut shaft with a socket, ain't working, just stripping the nut. So I decided to do this, which ended up working no problem, the inner diameter is just large enough to get a socket thru to hold the shaft.
So I had a solid hour just messing with that strut. I can't believe how crappy the hardware is on this truck. My truck is 2 years old with 9k miles and most of the hardware is totally rusted to **** already. My frustration level is a 3....
image_54.jpg

Now I move to the other side, I'm cautious because of what I just had happen on the other side. This side is ****** too, the hex head on the shaft decided to snap off while I was turning it out by hand. So I welded this socket cap screw on, that snapped in half, I welded a 3/8 grade 8 bolt on, also snapped in half. So then I hit frustration level 7 and broke out the Sawzall.

image_55.jpg

image_56.jpg

So I finish up and put it all back together and I decide to grab my wheels and put them on.
They are Mamba M16's 18x9 +19, tires are Mickey Thompson ATZ's 305/70R18, they measure out at 34.7" X 12.4". I put one wheel on and notice the tire is hitting the UCA.

image_57.jpg

image_58.jpg

No problem, I bought a set of 1" BORA spacers in preparation if that happened.
I grab my spacers and try to put them on. These MOFOs at Motorsports Tech dropped the ball. I specifically ordered the lugs to hold the spacers to my truck for 1" spacers in 14 X 1.5" they sent me the ones for 2" spacers which are wayyy too long. Frustration level 150! I haven't had such a difficult time working on a vehicle in my entire life. I'm very disappointed in Motorsports Tech. I had a hard time getting someone on the phone when I first called to order. Then the guy told me they were busy that he'd email me an invoice and I can PayPal them. Two days passed, no email. I called, sorry we forgot, ok no problem. I pay on a Wednesday. Monday comes, still no tracking #. I call back, ohh yeah we are busy it hasn't shipped yet. Dude I ordered 20 lug nuts, how hard is it to ship it? Then they send the wrong ones..... Anyway, this is what the wheel looks like resting next to the truck.....LOL
image_59.jpg

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks like a ****** day. Air impact wrench got my nut off (no pun) after dealing with the first one. What is the size and offset of your rims? (Nevermind that question, you answered it). What height setting on the bilstiens? Don't need the mevotechs.

OP
OP
S

Stewi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have them maxed out at 2.8"

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently put on 35x12.5's on mine at 2.8 and they fit great. They did not hit the UCA but were too close for my comfort so I put on the 10mm lug centric spacers from Motorsport customs and they fit totally perfect now. Motor sports tech forgot about my order too. ****** service from the stoner that answers the phone but a great product. Good thing that's all I needed from them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 113