Installed LED Rocklights Last Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99RamSport360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum 360
Finally got my lights in yesterday and spent a few hours wiring and installing them into my inner fenders. They are mainly for looks rather than offroading and they also come in handy when working on suspension parts, or anything under the truck for that matter. Spent about $100 total including all lights, wiring, loom, switch and mounting bolts.

IMG_3083_zpsaulmf94p.jpg

IMG_3084%20copy_zpsy4d11bju.jpg

IMG_3086%20copy_zps9ggg0syo.jpg

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
yes! more details would be appreciated! ive been looking to do this for a while now.

OP
OP
99RamSport360

99RamSport360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum 360
I'll work on getting install pics. I basically drilled a 1/4" hole in the fender liner for the wiring to go through and then used self-tapping screws to mount the lights themselves. I did not have to drill into any metal in the rear or the front passenger fender, however on the front driver's side fender, I had to continue the 1/4" hole through the metal inner fender. All of this would be easily removable and no one would ever notice them. Plus they are a surface mount light so you can't see them unless you stick your head down closer to the ground. I'm happy with them overall. They also come in handy when working on suspension, wheels and tires, or really anything under the truck for that matter. Definitely one of my top mods and will definitely be going on my next truck.

I used four of these lights and made my own wiring harness and then covered it with wiring loom. I set it up so adding another pair directly under the cab as courtesy lights would be as simple as tapping into the existing wires running along the frame rails.

NOTE: They are an all metal housing with a thick glass lens. I thought that they might break since I live on a dirt road with large gravel and sometimes mud, but so far so good. They also make a four LED configuration, and if I were to do it again, I think the four LED's would be more than enough light.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPQV06O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shot%202015-01-25%20at%2010.36.43%20PM_zpsoddb3cd1.png

Last edited: