Installing TWO horns, need help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treyodum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Hey All,

Got a 1997 ram with the 5.9L Magnum. Previous owner wired in a 130 dB horn, and I just bought a dixie horn for it as well. Since it has two buttons on the steering wheel for the horn, I was wondering if there was a way to wire the existing horn to one button and the new horn to the other... anyone have any experience with this???

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didnt know they had two buttons for horns... I dont see why you wouldnt be able to. Just have to find which wires go to which

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
the trick would be getting the wires through the clock spring, if there are 2 factory buttons, than thay probably connect to each other before the clockspring and before they go into the column, not something i would attempt and i am doing a 6 speed auto to manual conversion right now....

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
It's a pre 98 thing. Both buttons should be individually wired to at least the clock spring. Then I think it goes to a single wire to the relay. But not sure on that as it was before my truck. The other thing you could do is setup a different button somewhere.