Instrument panel lights dimmer switch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I drove my new 2023 Limited last night for the first time in the dark. Starting it up we were momentarily startled by the instrument panel and monitor screen lighting on full bright illumination. Fumbling around for where I remembered the dimmer switch to be I rotated it a ways with no change and then ant some point the illumination suddenly dropped by about half. Turning it some more gradually dimmed the lights all the way from there to out. I’m assuming it’s not supposed to work that way right - Full bright, half bright and then variable dimming from half bright to blackness??

Assuming so I guess that’s my first issue to take to the service Dept.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's exactly how that dial works. Full up to the detent is max bright aka daytime mode. When you dial it down off the detent it is in night mode. The adjustment area is night mode dimming.

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, there was some chance that that might be the case which prompted me to ask the question. Thanks for responding.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
On my 22 2500 Ltd Longhorn, I had the same issue. It's really strange how you adjust it correctly. You need to run the dimmer wheel all the way down and then use uConnect settings, and lights need to be on.
1696502461019.png

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ahh, thanks. Need to check that out.