Interchangeable Parts List? Adding Heated Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaBurner87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab, and I'm looking to add heated seats. I'm also curious if there's an interchangeable parts list? Are seats simple to swap in and out for example? This is my first Ram and I'm excited, but sadly it doesn't have all the creature comforts my Ford does.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HERE you go. Aftermarket kit. Pretty much the same import kit other sellers are marking up 3x (like every other item they buy from asia).

There are a lot of aftermarket kits out there. Just do a search. OEM is going to cost a bunch more, but that's another option, if your truck is pre-wired for them.

Removing the seat covers is not so bad ...if yer a DIY guy. Watch some videos. You DO have to remove the seat from the vehicle, and remove the back from the bottom seat. Managing the plastic off w/o breaking the plastic sides takes some care. Don't rush it, or force anything...just take your time. If you have ANY doubts about the integrity of your truck's seat foam or cover/s (seat foams get smooshed on Rams due to the frame where ya slide in/out), now would be a good time to address/them. I personally think some of the videos minimize the amount of work it actually is. Not difficult, just takes some time. After the first seat, the 2nd one will go faster. You should be able to do 2 seats in an afternoon (not counting wiring, etc).

I would go to Tractor Supply (or similar) and buy their inexpensive hog ring pliers and 7/16" hog rings. You need them to reassemble the cover onto the cushion. Some people say use zip ties, but getting them down inside the holes is going to take some work too, whereas you can stick the pliers in there. Either way.

Let us know what you do and how it goes.

Last edited:

Sol-Invictus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I am getting both of mine done for $400 on Saturday. Almost any good custom shop can do it. I also had electric start added for $200 bucks. No reason to go OEM when you can get better quality for less.