Interesting Features, but do I have them???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Easy $5 fix, my sport has power fold but no tilt. Just buy a set of blind spot mirrors and slap them on your side view mirrors to find parking lines and avoid curbs. They also work great on the highway when trying to change lanes. I put them on all my cars. You can buy them at Walmart, autozone, pepboys, etc.

I picked up a set of mirrors that should have the auto tilt capability. Maybe I should just resell them and get the cheap fix instead :)

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I picked up a set of mirrors that should have the auto tilt capability. Maybe I should just resell them and get the cheap fix instead :)

Well if you already have them, and can get them to work? I’m simply sold on the cheap fix because they work great changing lanes too, especially at night. They pick up people headlights right next to me. Where I would otherwise have to lean forward and rubber neck to see if anyone is next to me.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WadeStar RM10 Blind Spot Mirrors for 2009-2018 Ram Trucks with Non-Towing Mirrors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEHTGTX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9yOICbXC5GDK9

c75156e7200bb85bb476de27f9885ca8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda figured that was what you were talking about. I bought a set of them too for my pickup. Love ‘em. Course, I didn’t put mine on like they have them advertised in the picture. My old Ram had the tow mirrors on it that had the little convex mirrors built in, that look a lot like those wadestars, but they were in the upper corners, just like the picture shows those. I wasn’t crazy about that on the ole 1500 so I put mine on my new truck down in the outside bottom corners. I think they do a so much better job there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was a joke since so many people don't use them.

Next time perhaps a LOL at end, or even a smiling or laughing emoji at the end would better get it across that you’re joking because even I too was taking you for serious.....[emoji6]

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I kinda figured that was what you were talking about. I bought a set of them too for my pickup. Love ‘em. Course, I didn’t put mine on like they have them advertised in the picture. My old Ram had the tow mirrors on it that had the little convex mirrors built in, that look a lot like those wadestars, but they were in the upper corners, just like the picture shows those. I wasn’t crazy about that on the ole 1500 so I put mine on my new truck down in the outside bottom corners. I think they do a so much better job there.

Yeah, I debated. I don’t tow, wanted it more for blindspot and a longview perspective.

They’re made to accommodate both perspectives. My general feeling was that other brands where the option is OEM, is typically upper outside corner, so I went with it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But speaking of features; and since we’ve talked a little bit about the tilting mirrors- do the top trim model HD’s that have the power fold tow mirrors have the auto-tilt feature as well or is that only exclusive to the 1500’s? I was gonna say that if they didn’t, then that might possibly end the mystery of why only the HD’s have the power-fold tow mirrors and the halftons didn’t...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I debated. I don’t tow, wanted it more for blindspot and a longview perspective.

They’re made to accommodate both perspectives. My general feeling was that other brands where the option is OEM, is typically upper outside corner, so I went with it.

I don’t tow either bit them mirrors are small enough that I can’t really see long distances out of them anyways so I figured having them in the bottom corner would make it easier to watch for **** to keep from backing over, or from hitting curbs when I back up into a end parking space.

I can actually see pretty far back in just the truck mirror by itself.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine

I read a lot of reviews on Amazon when I ordered. The mutual consensus was they look better in the upper corner, but work better in the lower corner. My cheapo round ones are in the lower corners anyways, so they’ll get replaced with these. Also seems as if a few people had problems with adhesion in 2017 and a couple in 2018. It seems Wade updated the adhesive, and was quick to replace those that fell off. Any adhesion problems with yours?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read a lot of reviews on Amazon when I ordered. The mutual consensus was they look better in the upper corner, but work better in the lower corner. My cheapo round ones are in the lower corners anyways, so they’ll get replaced with these. Also seems as if a few people had problems with adhesion in 2017 and a couple in 2018. It seems Wade updated the adhesive, and was quick to replace those that fell off. Any adhesion problems with yours?

The passenger side one hasn’t had an issue but not long after putting them on, the driver side one about came off on me one day. New foam tape later and haven’t had a problem since.

I didn’t care for them in the upper corner. My new mirrors aren’t much smaller than the tow mirrors on the old truck and I hated the little convex mirrors in the upper corner. As I said, they were practically useless unless you had the mirrors flipped out. Plus in my opinion, I think they even look better down below as well.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
The passenger side one hasn’t had an issue but not long after putting them on, the driver side one about came off on me one day. New foam tape later and haven’t had a problem since.

I didn’t care for them in the upper corner. My new mirrors aren’t much smaller than the tow mirrors on the old truck and I hated the little convex mirrors in the upper corner. As I said, they were practically useless unless you had the mirrors flipped out. Plus in my opinion, I think they even look better down below as well.

Gotcha, would you suggest I upgrade the base adhesive prior to install? When the drivers side almost came off, was it the blind spot base from the factory mirror, or the blind spot mirror from the blind spot base? I read on the reviews both can occur.

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotcha, would you suggest I upgrade the base adhesive prior to install? When the drivers side almost came off, was it the blind spot base from the factory mirror, or the blind spot mirror from the blind spot base? I read on the reviews both can occur.

Mine are still new. I have seen @wadestar make offers to others to send replacement adhesion. Mine have 3M, which is the improved...I believe.

Many on the forum love their mirrors from @wadestar.

BTW, I followed instructions cleaning mirror with alcohol before install.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Mine are still new. I have seen @wadestar make offers to others to send replacement adhesion. Mine have 3M, which is the improved...I believe.

Many on the forum love their mirrors from @wadestar.

BTW, I followed instructions cleaning mirror with alcohol before install.

Good enough for me, thanks!

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good enough for me, thanks!
Hey jrod,

Thank you for your interest in the Blind Spot Mirrors.

I wanted to respond to the adhesive part of your inquiry. The adhesive is an exterior, automotive 3M adhesive. This stuff is strong and there is no need to upgrade it. I will say, with anything that is manmade, there is always a chance that maybe the adhesive dries out prior to install, or weather plays an issue with the initial bond. Whatever the case, if you or anyone else has an issue, I will always send you out what you need at no charge. Even if it is years down the road!

Thank you, again. I hope we can help you out.

Sincerely,
Wade S
WadeStar, LLC

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Hey jrod,

I wanted to respond to the adhesive part of your inquiry. The adhesive is an exterior, automotive 3M adhesive. This stuff is strong and there is no need to upgrade it. I will say, with anything that is manmade, there is always a chance that maybe the adhesive dries out prior to install, or weather plays an issue with the initial bond. Whatever the case, if you or anyone else has an issue, I will always send you out what you need at no charge. Even if it is years down the road!

Sincerely,
Wade S
WadeStar, LLC

Hey! Thanks for looking out! I can't wait to get these on this weekend!!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Mine, it was the double-sided tape on the back of the base that attaches it to the truck mirror.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Hey jrod,

Sincerely,
Wade S
WadeStar, LLC

The mirrors came in. I read the instructions. They require 73 outdoor temp for proper adhesion. My area is still hovering in the 30’s and 50’s lows/high. Can I compensate with a hair drier to attach, or do I need to wait a couple of months for warmer weather?

They look really nice and they’re bigger than I expected, which is also a plus. I just want to make sure they don’t fall off.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The mirrors came in. I read the instructions. They require 73 outdoor temp for proper adhesion. My area is still hovering in the 30’s and 50’s lows/high. Can I compensate with a hair drier to attach, or do I need to wait a couple of months for warmer weather?

They look really nice and they’re bigger than I expected, which is also a plus. I just want to make sure they don’t fall off.

Jrod,

Certainly you can do the hair dryer trick to heat things up...and, make sure to give a good hard press for a good minute to set the mirrors. This method isn't the ideal method as it is outside the preferred temperature range, but it can work.

If you do ever have a mirror fall off, just let me know and I will send you out one at no charge. My customers will always come first and I will always make sure they are taken care of.

Thank you again, for your order! I really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Wade

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Jrod,

Certainly you can do the hair dryer trick to heat things up...and, make sure to give a good hard press for a good minute to set the mirrors. This method isn't the ideal method as it is outside the preferred temperature range, but it can work.

If you do ever have a mirror fall off, just let me know and I will send you out one at no charge. My customers will always come first and I will always make sure they are taken care of.

Thank you again, for your order! I really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Wade

Awesome! Thanks!