Interior chrome should only be an option at autozone next to the fake hood scoops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Trading in my 2012 sport here soon for a newer ram (still looking) so i removed the plasti dip from the chrome around the console shifter.

Next day im driving home from work and the sun and the chrome trim meet and decide they want to try an kill me by blinding the **** out of me while going 70mph. The shock of the blinding light entering and melting my corneas gave me such a jolt that i about hit a barrier.

I now remember why i painted it in the first place

Id rather rock a florescent pink prius than have chrome in the cab.

Last edited:

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny, because I find camo to be atrocious whereas chrome accents don't bother me.

I do totally get the reflection thing though. I used a laser engraver to frost the cap of the shifter in my last vehicle.

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Funny, because I find camo to be atrocious whereas chrome accents don't bother me.

I do totally get the reflection thing though. I used a laser engraver to frost the cap of the shifter in my last vehicle.

The reflection is really the only issue i have with it, i didnt mean to hate on something other ppl may like. It just genuinely scared the hell out of me and left me rubbing my eye while trying to keep my lane

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I too also hate chrome! I never understood why dodge did the silver either in vehicles with the tan/black interior. Looks awful.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Nick_rp Its the little things they did. I have a column shift and the end of it is chrome. I plasti dipped it black. I need to do my door handles on the inside. Thats all that is left of my chrome.

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
5 percent tint applied 3 times, no issues in the back of my limo with chrome reflection while showing children the interior features.

I did 15% by myself for my first time doing tint. I got this nice bubble that turned into a hole.

20210511_122019.jpg

It was such a pain in the ass that idc its there. 1 time was enough let alone 3 lol

Though im 90% sure my problem was my lubricant ratio. Too much soap, didnt allow the adhesive to stick properly and gave me a hell of a time trying to manipulate it

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Clearly truck guys do not get to design modern trucks, some random focus group does. Been that way for a long time. Chrome only belongs on muscle cars, all trucks should be murdered out and sprayed flat colors like od green or coyote brown., maybe flat black.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Loudram I wrapped the outside edge of my ATV fenders in camo duct tape lol. Never thought about doing it on my truck, might be todays mission after a wash. That stupid chrome on the center console handle blinds me all the time...

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clearly truck guys do not get to design modern trucks, some random focus group does. Been that way for a long time. Chrome only belongs on muscle cars, all trucks should be murdered out and sprayed flat colors like od green or coyote brown., maybe flat black.

Not so sure about muscle cars. Before I traded my 2012 Challenger on the Ram I had the same problem. The large chrome Challenger nameplate on the glove box flashed me twice before it got a low tech blackout with electrical tape.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Chrome only belongs on muscle cars, all trucks should be murdered out and sprayed flat colors like od green or coyote brown., maybe flat black.
Says the guy driving a shiney bright blue truck...D'oh! LOL
The murdered out truck look is boring azfu! .. I see so many driving around, even modern day muscle cars.