Interior Front Map/ Dome Lights Won't Shut Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
All of a sudden I have an issue with my 2019 Ram 3500 front dome lights. They used to automatically turn off after putting the truck in gear, but now remain on. This is particularly bad at night, keeping the interior brightly lit, affecting visibility through the side windows.

Early this morning, while still pitch dark, after parking, the lights remained on for several minutes after all other vehicle lights shut off. They are supposed to dim after exterior lights go off, and then shut off

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Have you checked the dimmer knob setting?
I played around with the 2 dimmer knobs but got nowhere. I then discovered some switch buttons up on the upper console that I had never studied before and finally got this corrected. How it ever got messed up is beyond me. TO MUCH technology !! Whatever happened to simplicity?

CharlieUpNorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Gas
What "Switch Buttons up on the upper console" are you talking about? I have the same problem, but have not found the buttons you are referring to.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
What "Switch Buttons up on the upper console" are you talking about? I have the same problem, but have not found the buttons you are referring to.

The cabin light switches above the windshield rear view mirror. I seldom if ever use them.