Interior led replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Detroitfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 diesel
Hey guys-
Just bought my 2nd Ram, an 05 Cummins 3500 quad cab. Wondering if anyone has a complete list of led replacement bulbs for the interior so I don't forget any when I go pick them up.

Looking forward to using this forum, thanks. :)

OP
OP
Detroitfd

Detroitfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 diesel
Anyone? Went to Autozone today and picked up as et of reverse lights in led. They did have a couple other interior led, but none that matched the bulb number 579 that I found on a website while there.

What led bulbs have you used for the map and dome lights? Those are them main ones I want to replace.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok I will bite, I did a search a bit ago was gonna do this too my truck but did not find what I was needing also. Might try it again.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Superbrightleds.com will have anything and everything you need along with an application list for your truck. don't buy ebay leds, I bought them just to try out in my cluster and half of them didn't even work. The cluster is a pain to get out but it takes 11 B8.5D bulbs, hvac takes 3 B8.5D bulbs. Headlight switch is 1 bulb and is surface mounted. if you know how to surface mount solder, a single led with a 200-220 ohm resistor will do it. dome light is a festoon but I cant remember the size. Brake and front+rear turns are 3157, youll need 25watt 6 ohm heatsink resistors to keep the Lamp Out light off and get rid of the ricer flash. if you spend the money on CANBUS leds, no need to worry there. Reverse is 3057, same heatsink resistors needed or canbus again. Plate lights are 194's, SMD wedge bulbs will light it up nice. as far as map lights go, theyre a festoon as well but I cant remember the size. the superbright website should list them

Last edited:
OP
OP
Detroitfd

Detroitfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 diesel
Thanks moparman. I take it for the reverse bulbs the resistor is just to keep the bulb out lamp from lighting? I think I'm only going to do the exterior reverse bulb but do the interior map light and dome lights too. Thanks again.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Thanks moparman. I take it for the reverse bulbs the resistor is just to keep the bulb out lamp from lighting? I think I'm only going to do the exterior reverse bulb but do the interior map light and dome lights too. Thanks again.

no problem. youll only get bulb out in reverse without the resistors. you can get the resistors on ebay cheap in bundles. I bought 4 for my headlights and they've been fine.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I had a set of blue reverse light bulbs... I still have them in and I never got the bulb out light and I never installed resistors.

OP
OP
Detroitfd

Detroitfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 diesel
Agreed. I bought resistors but put the bulbs in first and didn't get a bulb out light. I did. Get the bulb out light when my fog light went out.

Haven't seen them in the he dark but the bulbs look way brighter in the daylight.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I really want to convert just my reverse lights and cargo lights to LEDs. Will I need to use resistors if I am only doing those 4 lights?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93