Intermittent wipers not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warren b

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 liter diesel
The wipers on my 2018 ram 1500 aren’t working properly, when I turn them on the first several clicks they just wipe 1 time and then quit, the slow and fast work fine but the intermittent ones only does one swipe then it quits? Anyone have any help as to what the problem could be???

Madlion723

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, this is crazy. . . . I'm here for the same thing, as my 2018 Sport Limited, is doing the exact same thing. . . . I've read the other post on this issue, but nothing so far related to the 2018. . . .

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
First thing I'd suspect are the contacts in the switch itself.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Dumb question but you're sure they actually quit? On the lowest couple settings it's a lonnnnnggggggg time between wipes. I've felt like mine quit before. Otherwise, yeah, it's got to be something in the switch and it probably just needs to be replaced. I can't imagine it would be possible/economical to get into the inner-workings of the switch and figure it out.

ralphsmithiii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dumb question but you're sure they actually quit? On the lowest couple settings it's a lonnnnnggggggg time between wipes. I've felt like mine quit before. Otherwise, yeah, it's got to be something in the switch and it probably just needs to be replaced. I can't imagine it would be possible/economical to get into the inner-workings of the switch and figure it out.
This is what I was thinking as well. I had a similar issue before where I thought mine was not working but it just was much slower than I expected. But, I suppose this is fairly easy to test with a basic stopwatch/digital phone and time it.

Dbrewton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced the motor and that resolved the problem. It wasn't the switch that I replaced 1st.