Issues with my newly installed system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd put money on a bad ground with voltage issues, without seeing it for myself.

How would I check the voltage? It should be drawing 14v?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Spot grounded to battery post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had the same issues with a craigslist buy a few years ago. Guy said he just wanted to get out of the sub game. Amp mounted to box, and I had a wiring kit already installed in my car...plug and play. After a few days I noticed, that if I played anything that would hit hard, or turned it up very much, the amp would shut down and light up a protect LED. Ended up being unable to handle 2 ohm load. I sold that amp and bought another that could handle the load. That guy had bought the amp, sub and speakers at the local stereo shop and they didn't catch it.

OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issues with a craigslist buy a few years ago. Guy said he just wanted to get out of the sub game. Amp mounted to box, and I had a wiring kit already installed in my car...plug and play. After a few days I noticed, that if I played anything that would hit hard, or turned it up very much, the amp would shut down and light up a protect LED. Ended up being unable to handle 2 ohm load. I sold that amp and bought another that could handle the load. That guy had bought the amp, sub and speakers at the local stereo shop and they didn't catch it.

Was the amp rated to handle 2ohm load?

OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP if you have the "basic 8.4an (no alpine)" how did the hook up for load resistance? how did they hook up for this? if they went directly from the deck to an lc7 that could be part of the issue. the chrysler decks need to see a load if they dont they can clip and not play

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try all things mentioned in the thread before getting a new amp. Let us know the results.

OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try all things mentioned in the thread before getting a new amp. Let us know the results.

Having trouble finding where the grounded the amp. The amp is mounted under my drivers seat and the ground runs under my carpet

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having trouble finding where the grounded the amp. The amp is mounted under my drivers seat and the ground runs under my carpet

Pop off your sill panel and pull back the carpet a tad... that is where I would of grounded it.

OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pop off your sill panel and pull back the carpet a tad... that is where I would of grounded it.

Found it!! It looks like they sanded the paint and bolted it properly.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455216376.942709.jpg

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:
OP
OP
Razzaa

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see any bare metal, unless they did it to the exact size of the ring terminal. (which I highly doubt) When I do it, it typically is at least 1" by 2" just so I know I have enough contact. This could easily be your issue.

Do I need to disconnect my battery or anything before I take it off and sand it?