Job requires to sit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosson03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys long time been on this site so I had to make a new username for some reason
So I got this job now that I literally sit in my truck all day long for 12 hours a day what all you think probably be the best oil
I know 5W-20 is recommended but was thinking maybe you could do something else any other advice for wear and tear preparation I could look into thanks
2006 mega cab

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If I was going to idle it all day I would turn up the idle to 750 and use 5-40 synthetic.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you have to sit idling all day I'd recommend getting a different vehicle to do it in
Might be good advice but if I have to sit in something 12 hours a day, I find a pickup WAY more comfortable. Also, lots of jobs up here, you need a pickup, a car won't get the job done. Figured at least where the OP is he might not have to leave the truck running for heat during the winter months, only air con during the hot days. Here is is the other way round.:)

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Definitely get idle turned up to 750 rpm. Way more important than exact grade of oil (presuming you'll be idling a lot).

Hemi's are lubrication-starved @ factory set idle rpm of 650 rpm. Another genius idea to save 0.00000001% fuel. Esp. on an engine with a known lubrication problem.

High moly additization will help as well. Red Line or a good Group III synthetic with LubeGard added for moly. Viscosity grade depends on where you'll be and what loads you have.

Many of us use 5W-30 as a good all around. Some guys tow heavy loads in high heat and up grades - they go to 5W-40. Some guys like me live in the sub arctic and go with 0W-30 in the winter.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'd be more concerned about my behind and physical (and maybe mental) health if I had to sit in my truck for 12hrs/day more than the engine oil.

I hear you though.. I've had control room 12hr shift jobs where unless you get up for coffee or a bathroom break, you are sitting for 12+ hrs per shift.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be good advice but if I have to sit in something 12 hours a day, I find a pickup WAY more comfortable. Also, lots of jobs up here, you need a pickup, a car won't get the job done. Figured at least where the OP is he might not have to leave the truck running for heat during the winter months, only air con during the hot days. Here is is the other way round.:)
Ok good luck with that

OP
OP
R

Rosson03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thanks ya fellas,
The mega cab back seats recline and I watch movies, quite comfy
I just roll down my back window and u should see the faces like what the! Lol

I say I run it for about 8hrs total walk the other 3, it's a side job that I can rest the body, I work at Ford and on my feet for 8-10 walk about 9-11 miles a day there. So it's pretty awesome, take a nap when they go on break for hrs at a time, got my lil harbor freight driveway alert in front behind me so I'm covered lol money is to easy, I do the sitting job 2-3 times a week

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Hey guys long time been on this site so I had to make a new username for some reason
So I got this job now that I literally sit in my truck all day long for 12 hours a day what all you think probably be the best oil
I know 5W-20 is recommended but was thinking maybe you could do something else any other advice for wear and tear preparation I could look into thanks
2006 mega cab

1 hr of idling equals 30 miles of driving - so your truck is being used for 360 miles/day - I hope you are getting paid for that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca