Just installed new Extang Trifecta...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Love it, looks to be great quality, etc...only issue is with the black molding on bed rails and rear, front by cab has about 1/4" gap...so I need to run and get weatherstripping to put down...other than that, looks great. Solid product!
:birgits_tiredcoffee

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I see an issue. There are no pics LOL

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the same one.. Had it about 3 months now and I really like it.. I agree with you on the gap though.. I'm looking for something to fill in there as well..

But it does not leak like I thought it would.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Waiting to say cool till pics are posted lol. Congrads on the new mod.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
thanks, will get good pics this weekend, sorry, digicam at home.

Yea, run to like Lowes or Home Dept, look for like some 1 to 1.5" weather strip that has sticky one side, foam on other. Run it along the front rail, that should fix it. ( I hope)

Good to hear it doesn't leak :D

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Order yourself a tailgate seal and it should come with enough to do around your tailgate and the front over the bed. Worked great on mine. And instead of foam it is more like rubber, so may last alot longer.

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use my bed too much for a cover to be of much use to me. But if I had one it would be the trifecta. My dad had one on his truck and it just worked great.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Order yourself a tailgate seal and it should come with enough to do around your tailgate and the front over the bed. Worked great on mine. And instead of foam it is more like rubber, so may last alot longer.

good idea......where did you get it

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks, will get good pics this weekend, sorry, digicam at home.

Yea, run to like Lowes or Home Dept, look for like some 1 to 1.5" weather strip that has sticky one side, foam on other. Run it along the front rail, that should fix it. ( I hope)

Good to hear it doesn't leak :D

X2 picked some of the sticky foam Weather Strip at WallyWorld. Worked well. The tailgate seal, not so well. Lasted about 3 open and closes and started coming off.

Great White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got mine put on last weekend. I went with the upgraded canvas. Really nice looking tonneau.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
digi cam is on the blink...will get some once rain stops. Yea, went to Lowes, got some pad, but agree, need the tailgate seal as well. Thanks for link!

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
X2 picked some of the sticky foam Weather Strip at WallyWorld. Worked well. The tailgate seal, not so well. Lasted about 3 open and closes and started coming off.

Then you did not install it in the right area, or perhaps did not prep the surface properly. I use my tailgate constantly and had no issues with mine.