Just ordered my Superlift 6 inch kit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally ordered my 6 inch kit from superlift today, im hoping since they are in Louisiana and im in Texas it will get here quickly. Any tips or pointers on install? ive installed levels (bilstein, leveling blocks and rear blocks), just want to know if theres anything in particular i need to look at. Its a 2017 i bought back in April, has 19k on the clock so i dont think corrosion will be an issue. Well if anyone has any insight i would appreciate it!

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally ordered my 6 inch kit from superlift today, im hoping since they are in Louisiana and im in Texas it will get here quickly. Any tips or pointers on install? ive installed levels (bilstein, leveling blocks and rear blocks), just want to know if theres anything in particular i need to look at. Its a 2017 i bought back in April, has 19k on the clock so i dont think corrosion will be an issue. Well if anyone has any insight i would appreciate it!

I would be interested in pics etc been thinking of which lift to go with so feel free to fill this thread with lots of them and info I'll subscribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be interested in pics etc been thinking of which lift to go with so feel free to fill this thread with lots of them and info I'll subscribe.

Same here. Any info on your part would be appreciated

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome! Looking forward to see pics as well! If you don’t mind me asking, how much was the lift?

007JD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
up, been looking at this lift also. lmk how it goes and lots of pixs please

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll be happy with Superlift. Mine was done by the dealer so I can't give you any tips on things to look out for.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put my superlift kit in by myself. It took me about 17 hours. Straight through. Handy with a wrench, but never tackled a lift. Read the instructions over and over an over. The hardest part was cutting the rear lower control arm mount. After that It was all just nuts and bolts. Put it all back together. The rear control arm relocate bracket has a little bolt that goes in to a trapped nut. I didn't understand how it went in with the directions. It started popping though and I reread the directions again. Put them in. Torqued them down and hasn't made a peep since.

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Will do, i may try to do an install thread and link it to this. although thats if i can remember and have time to stop and take pics

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome! Looking forward to see pics as well! If you don’t mind me asking, how much was the lift?

i paid $1415 with free shipping, im still waiting to get the shipping confirmation but im hoping it will be here by weeks end or beginning of next week since they arent too far from me

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put my superlift kit in by myself. It took me about 17 hours. Straight through. Handy with a wrench, but never tackled a lift. Read the instructions over and over an over. The hardest part was cutting the rear lower control arm mount. After that It was all just nuts and bolts. Put it all back together. The rear control arm relocate bracket has a little bolt that goes in to a trapped nut. I didn't understand how it went in with the directions. It started popping though and I reread the directions again. Put them in. Torqued them down and hasn't made a peep since.

Awesome, thanks. did you install by yourself? a buddy and i will be tackling this either in my driveway or in my old highschool autoshop, if i can get it approved by the instructor. hoping or that route since he has lifts and all the tools id need. plus he has an alignment rack

007JD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
was it the 6'' with the Bilstein Struts that you got it for 1,400$

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
was it the 6'' with the Bilstein Struts that you got it for 1,400$
No I already have bils in the front so I went with their shocks in the rear for now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless he got a discount, the bilsteins drive the price up to $1800
Correct, I already have bils in the front so I went with their rear shocks and I'll replace them later.

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got confirmation of the shipment, says it will be here Friday.

Does anyone know if I can run the bils I have already at 2.8 like I have them and the rear block? To essentially get 8-9 inches of total Lift? Or do I have to set them back to factory settings?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Does anyone know if I can run the bils I have already at 2.8 like I have them and the rear block? To essentially get 8-9 inches of total Lift? Or do I have to set them back to factory settings?

I know you can run higher with some brands and it’s actually necessary with some since some use a coil spacer to add height as well as the block. Also keep in mind how much lift that is compared to how much you lift the back. That way you get the stance you want

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can reuse the front bilsteins. The rear shocks have to change though.

My bilsteins are set at 2.8 with the superlift kit.

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can reuse the front bilsteins. The rear shocks have to change though.

My bilsteins are set at 2.8 with the superlift kit.
Yea I know I have to exchange the rear shocks, but I currently have coil spring spacers on my stock springs. Can I leave those in on top of the lift springs?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The Superlift 6" kit either uses a preload spacer that goes between the coil spring and the top strut mount or bilsteins shocks to achieve the 6" lift. You cannot add the preload spacer to your bilsteins. Your bilsteins will need to be set at 2.8" to achieve the 6" lift per instructions.

page 9-10

https://smhttp-ssl-64090.nexcesscdn.net/media/installation_guides/4605.pdf

Yea I know I have to exchange the rear shocks, but I currently have coil spring spacers on my stock springs. Can I leave those in on top of the lift springs?

yes you can add them to the SL rear coils but you might have a lot of rake. Maybe a member with the kit and no spacer will reply

Last edited: