Kickdown missing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomLockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins H.O. Turbo diesel
I have been doing a lot of work to my 73 w200 that I use as a personal plow truck. I started this work outside during the warm weather but moved the truck into the garage when it was time for snow. I am almost done with the many repairs and enhancements but now I cannot find my kick down adjuster. The part with the long slot for the carb stud and the threaded end where it attaches to the linkage. I have a feeling it fell and is now outside under about 5 feet of snow. If anyone has one of these that they do not need, especially if you are in the twin cities area, I would love to purchase it from you.

I know I could replace it with a cable, but I would prefer to just thread one on to the existing linkage and adjust it so I can use my truck without harming the transmission. I think I heard many years ago that the linkage can be pulled all the way rearward to prevent transmission damage when you don't have a kickdown, but I am not sure that is correct.

This truck literally never leaves my driveway. It also never gets up to any sort of speed. Just enough to push snow around.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93