KORE high angle Cv's worth it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure yet. Gonna ask around this week. I'm really anxious to see the difference with them on. From what I gather, these cv's will give me quite a bit more wheel travel (flex) than what I have now.

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Emailed KORE yesterday to find out everything I need to do the install. I got this back. I admit it would be a huge undertaking for a beginner wrench like me...
Hello Will this is Tim with KORE,
We highly recommend you have a professional install your cv's. There are some critical steps you must take, just not a good idea if it will be your first time installing cv's. If you have any questions please call us (760) 855-1219.
Thanks again, KORE

I feel like they say that just so you can't come back on them for whatever reason. Precautionary steps on their part. I'm sure it's fairly easy

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like they say that just so you can't come back on them for whatever reason. Precautionary steps on their part. I'm sure it's fairly easy

Everywhere on the internet I have looked people have had shops install theirs. I do NOT want to be the first person to do them myself. I am extremely inexperienced.

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everywhere on the internet I have looked people have had shops install theirs. I do NOT want to be the first person to do them myself. I am extremely inexperienced.

Well then I'd say bite the bullet and get them done professionally. Safest bet.

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well then I'd say bite the bullet and get them done professionally. Safest bet.

That's what I'm gonna do. I'll change almost anything else but cv's are a vital part of suspension and I'm not at the point where I'm comfortable with it, yet.

98sporttj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L
in the words of ben stiller "JUST DO IT" haha

honestly cant be that hard to do if u did the enitre lift yourself this cant be that hard to do

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, considering the shop only quoted me for 75 bucks per side, I'ma have them do it!

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im not sure if catchin zs is on here anymore, but he did tell me he noticed a big difference and that when on the lift his wheels dropped down alottt more and offroad control was better

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well after I saw pictures of my buddy breaking his one of his Kore's, I have lost interested in them. Granted he was running 38" Mud Grapplers, but his angle was less than mine and I have stock axles on 37" Mud Grapplers. We've each broken an axle, but you'd think his "high-angle" Kores which were nearly dead even straight could break then maybe the stock aren't so bad.

Just my take. I was going to get Kore's at one time. Not anymore.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you put the bilstein 5100 shocks and a 2.5 leveling kit on at the same time? I have a 2.5 leveling kit and am putting a 6in lift in the future I was going to buy the bilstein shock and run them with my leveling kit then keep them on when I get my 6 lift and take away leveling kit

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive heard that's very unsafe. Not to mention the angles it would put on your cvs and control arms...

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you put the bilstein 5100 shocks and a 2.5 leveling kit on at the same time? I have a 2.5 leveling kit and am putting a 6in lift in the future I was going to buy the bilstein shock and run them with my leveling kit then keep them on when I get my 6 lift and take away leveling kit

I doubt you will be able to even get this on your truck.
Just having the Bilsteins on max is a tight fit.

But you can certainly do 5100 at 0 or just by their HD one and do a level....that you can do, but you cannot stack a pre load level on Bilsteins that are adjusted

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after I saw pictures of my buddy breaking his one of his Kore's, I have lost interested in them. Granted he was running 38" Mud Grapplers, but his angle was less than mine and I have stock axles on 37" Mud Grapplers. We've each broken an axle, but you'd think his "high-angle" Kores which were nearly dead even straight could break then maybe the stock aren't so bad.

Just my take. I was going to get Kore's at one time. Not anymore.

Yea, that was nasty eh Kevin?
His CV's are stupid straight too!

tommyboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I talked to RCV a few months ago they said it would be 2200 for a full set of custom CV axles with a life time warranty on them. I know inner CVs are $800 or so and I guess its questionable for Labor Pricing on the Kore CVs to be installed. Plus if you need new CV axle or outers RCV mite be the way to go. I just wish they were cheaper. I would be all over it