Laramie grill swap to Rebel black grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nebraskaboy70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Anyone attempted this? No idea if they are even interchangeable....just looking for evidence that it could be done or not.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
See my post on grill parts diagram. I ordered the Rebel grill and applique. Gonna do this is a few weeks after my tattoo sleeve heals.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
See my post on grill parts diagram. I ordered the Rebel grill and applique. Gonna do this is a few weeks after my tattoo sleeve heals.

Keep us updated. What was the price of the grill? If you're in the OC area let me know if you need another hand.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
$260 for the grill and $160 for the header applique.

I live in Corona but work in Irvine. I'll give you shout if I need help. Shouldn't be too bad. Just the trimming and gap filling will be tricky I think. Or I may have to get the bumper and fascia LOL
Keep us updated. What was the price of the grill? If you're in the OC area let me know if you need another hand.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
$260 for the grill and $160 for the header applique.

I live in Corona but work in Irvine. I'll give you shout if I need help. Shouldn't be too bad. Just the trimming and gap filling will be tricky I think. Or I may have to get the bumper and fascia LOL

Yeah, no worries. I live and work in Irvine. I have a dremel available :waytogo:

Not a bad price at all for the grill. Be interesting to see how the conversation goes since I want that grill too.

On a related note I tried to order a color matched applique, but parts guy said they come primered ($160). Probably different for the Rebel one though which I believe is just infused black plastic.

I did order some color matched mirror caps which I think were $36 each.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Yeah I hoping not to use my dremel LOL. I’m thinking of maybe a light bar on the bracket on the front of the grill or something to hide it.

The appliqué is “ready to paint” so we’ll see. I’m out of town and it arrived at my house so I’ll have my son snap a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah, no worries. I live and work in Irvine. I have a dremel available :waytogo:

Not a bad price at all for the grill. Be interesting to see how the conversation goes since I want that grill too.

On a related note I tried to order a color matched applique, but parts guy said they come primered ($160). Probably different for the Rebel one though which I believe is just infused black plastic.

I did order some color matched mirror caps which I think were $36 each.

Where did you order thecaps as I tried and my order was put on permanent hold sadly.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Where did you order thecaps as I tried and my order was put on permanent hold sadly.

Dealer. They said they were on back order. ETA is mid-late August. I was just going to vinyl wrap them since I found a matching color of vinyl, but since I found out they are so cheap from the dealer I just ordered those instead.

I just checked. They were $34 each.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now my parts guy tells me that because of my power fold mirrors, they don’t make mirror caps for my Laramie. Am I being conned here Laramie guys ?

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Now my parts guy tells me that because of my power fold mirrors, they don’t make mirror caps for my Laramie. Am I being conned here Laramie guys ?

I have a Laramie also with power fold. My parts guy did not mention that at all. He asked for my VIN to confirm fitment (not color obviously. just fitment). Send me a PM if you want his contact info.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bringing this back to life, just curious how it went. I'm actually looking to do the opposite on my new 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girldogvan