LED istall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokedya

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Installed map light cargo lights and license plate lighs.Leaps and bounds difference!One prob the front map light stay slightly illuminated while the truck is on and so does the cargo lights. Any idea on why this happens?Could it be just cheap bulbs from ebay? (thats where I got them)

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
do you mean stays illuminated when the truck is OFF?

If so my cargo lights do that with LEDs. From what I have been told its because they hold current and mine do go out after a few minutes.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you mean stays illuminated when the truck is OFF?

If so my cargo lights do that with LEDs. From what I have been told its because they hold current and mine do go out after a few minutes.

Ihad that same problem in my map and dome lights. Freaked me out so i took em off and threw the old ones back in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

smokedya

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine go out after the truck had been off for a few minutes. But not while it's running.

Motorcharge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine do the same thing, it's not enough draw to effect the battery. Cheap LEDs don't have built in resistors so they constantly stay slightly illuminated. You can buy them for like $0.05 at radio shack and just run the contacts into the socket contacts but imo it's not worth worrying about.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Nice upgrades you have there for lighting. I heard the same thing though, LEDs don't take much juice so the truck doesn't know what to do. Putting in resistors will fix that issue, I believe I read 1 watt resistors is all that is needed. Could be wrong but still, very nice upgrade.

OP
OP
S

smokedya

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine do the same thing, it's not enough draw to effect the battery. Cheap LEDs don't have built in resistors so they constantly stay slightly illuminated. You can buy them for like $0.05 at radio shack and just run the contacts into the socket contacts but imo it's not worth worrying about.

It bugs the **** out of me and reminds me how cheap they were. So i'm going to get them and put them in or buy new and better bulbs.

Ditto. Looks good

Thanks.

Can you post the link to these bulbs and sizes? Noob sorry

7 x Xenon White SMD LED Lights Interior Package Kit for 2002 2008 Dodge RAM 1500 | eBay

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I like that center console? if you ever sell it or want the bench style hit me up lol