Lightbar Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im in a bit of a delima and need yalls help… first off I absolutely love the 42" curved bars y'all are putting in your sport bumpers… I wish I could do the same but I do not have the sport bumper.. I have a lone star metal bumper. At first I debated on getting a single row 20" bar to put in the plastic insert at the bottom of the bumper, but after some thought Id rather not put it there… So heres my question… What would y'all suggest to mount one? Id love to have the clean look of it mounted in my bumper but the plastic insert in mine is way too narrow.. It would never fit any size ligthbar at all.. I also do not have tow hooks which makes for more room… if only it were wider… I have seen some light bar BARS such as the smitty built street light bar and am considering doing that with a bigger light bar…. are there any others out there similar to smites but hopefully a little cleaner looking?

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I am running a 30" led light bar inside my bumper. I did have to remove the tow hooks. And with it inside the cut out in my bumper it does protect it. I've already hit a deep and no damage. Lol.

20140413_075728.jpg

And after hitting the deer with a brushguard installed also luckily.
20140720_164418.jpg

And here it is before installed. A 30" CRE Led bar.
20140321_180008.jpg

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
I"m going bwhins the grille with mine but I'm not entirely sure if they'll fit with the opening and shutting flaps on the 2014.

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 lonestar. I've thought about buying LED pods to put where the tow hooks go since it doesn't have a spot like Donelam304's truck. As far as putting it behind the grill I don't see that being doable with active grill shutters. I pulled the grill of mine and the shutters are so close to the grill that it's a tight squeeze. Plus the chrome slats on lonestar have a black spoiler thing on each slat to direct airflow. You could mount them behind the slats but then when the slats are closed it won't shine. Also that would be so damn close to the radiator.

OP
OP
B

brasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2014 lonestar. I've thought about buying LED pods to put where the tow hooks go since it doesn't have a spot like Donelam304's truck. As far as putting it behind the grill I don't see that being doable with active grill shutters. I pulled the grill of mine and the shutters are so close to the grill that it's a tight squeeze. Plus the chrome slats on lonestar have a black spoiler thing on each slat to direct airflow. You could mount them behind the slats but then when the slats are closed it won't shine. Also that would be so damn close to the radiator.

Yeah the middle part of my plastic peice is only maybe 2" so I'd be lucky to fit a Single in there

fishdude33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Silly question Donelam304 but how did you remove your tow hooks? I'm trying to do the same thing. I can get to the bolts on the outside of the tow hooks but the 2 on each tow hook inside are impossible to get a socket on. Did you remove the grill? Any pointers would be great.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I removed the whole bumper. And ended up making a tool for it. I took a box in / open end wrench and bent it to work for me. I used a torch to heat the wrench and bend it. They make a bracket to be able to leave the tow hooks on but it puts the light outside the bumper. And I wanted mine inside the bumper.

fishdude33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Thank You!!! I've been looking it over and thinking I must be an idiot because for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get them off. Great idea with the box wrench. Thanks for passing along the info.

jhorst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is mine...25" curved bar tow hooks still in place. IMG_22651_zps95c14df2.jpg
IMG_22641_zpsee454282.jpg

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
It's a 2 person job getting the bumper off. I got it back on by myself once I seen how everything goes. But I ended up having the whole front bumper assembly apart including the mounting bracket on the frame.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clococo