Form Lighting Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, scrolling through Facebook about a month ago, I saw a post by Lightwerkz looking to test a set of lights on a 4th Gen ram. I already had a set of alpharex luxx single projector 5th Gen HD style, which were ok, but let's be real, alpharex projectors leave a LOT to be desired. So, I contacted them and managed to be the first to respond that I had a 4th gen and was somewhat local. I got up there yesterday and they installed the new lights and compared them to a set of quads. I thought they were OEM, but were apparently a pretty decent knock off. Now, they look similar to the alpharex MK II pros. However, they're 2 bi-led projectors that have far better output and a far better pattern than alpharex. I had them hook the drl function up to my pre-wired OEM drl circuit I added earlier in the year. The fitment on these far exceeds the alpharex housings as well. They fit like OEM. Now, I have yet to see these posted on Forms website, note have they showed them off at sema. That said, Lightwerkz posted a quick teaser video on their Instagram page featuring my truck. Initial impressions after driving to work at night, the lighting is far better than the single projector alpharex housings I had. Better foreground lighting, yet still plenty of distance. The initial testing by Lightwerkz on the intensity, shows improvement over their other models, including the 5th Gen ram and Toyota Tacoma/4 runner offerings, with a much improved high beam. I'm hoping they'll post a video of the results on their YouTube page soon. Once it drops, I'll post the link. For now, here's the link the the teaser video they shot for Instagram.

Attachments

• PXL_20231106_163827522.jpg
    PXL_20231106_163827522.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20231106_163706087.jpg
    PXL_20231106_163706087.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 65

23PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
DD/Form just installed a set of the 5th Gen lights yesterday on my truck yesterday. Took a tour of the facility. Top notch. I'm thrilled with how they look. Your look great.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DD/Form just installed a set of the 5th Gen lights yesterday on my truck yesterday. Took a tour of the facility. Top notch. I'm thrilled with how they look. Your look great.
Yeah, so far I'm happy with them. I think the aim is a bit high (getting a lot of flashes from cars) but they were aimed by the guys at Lightwerkz and I'd figured they'd have them set about right. That said, I might drop them down a touch just as a courtesy. So far. I can tell they have a lot more distance than the alpharex set I was running (which were decent).

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those look like a really great replacement headlight set . I definitely like what I see with the led light output. My 2016 with the quad headlights are really good, but ive been looking at converting to led bulbs or better yet, a set of led headlights like this if the price is affordable. But my bcm will need to be adjusted to allow for led headlights.
I'm definitely going to follow this thread

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those look like a really great replacement headlight set . I definitely like what I see with the led light output. My 2016 with the quad headlights are really good, but ive been looking at converting to led bulbs or better yet, a set of led headlights like this if the price is affordable. But my bcm will need to be adjusted to allow for led headlights.
I'm definitely going to follow this thread
Expect them to be in the 1k range. Not cheap, but so far, the beam pattern is better than the alpharex housings I had, which were decent for the money. But, those same housings are now pushing $700 or more. At the time I bought them. They were a little more than $500, but now the price increase makes these look like a better option. The alpharex nova series are even more, approaching the morimoto price. Sure, morimoto has the hybrid led housing, but you reuse your turns and the projectors aren't the same as their standard housings from what I've read. But, those are still about $950. Makes these, when they'll be available, a bargain for what you get.
As for the BCM changes, I haven't looked at the wiring that came with these, so I don't know if there's any resistors or modules built in. So I can't say if Alfaobd would be required or not. With the Alpharex, it 100% was. And even then, I still had some errors that didn't go away 100%.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Expect them to be in the 1k range. Not cheap, but so far, the beam pattern is better than the alpharex housings I had, which were decent for the money. But, those same housings are now pushing $700 or more. At the time I bought them. They were a little more than $500, but now the price increase makes these look like a better option. The alpharex nova series are even more, approaching the morimoto price. Sure, morimoto has the hybrid led housing, but you reuse your turns and the projectors aren't the same as their standard housings from what I've read. But, those are still about $950. Makes these, when they'll be available, a bargain for what you get.
As for the BCM changes, I haven't looked at the wiring that came with these, so I don't know if there's any resistors or modules built in. So I can't say if Alfaobd would be required or not. With the Alpharex, it 100% was. And even then, I still had some errors that didn't go away 100%.
Are those gloss black on the insides? I like gloss, the anzos im looking at are satin, but black friday has them at 25% off! I like their sequential tails too!

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they SAE and DOT approved
Department of Transportation approval is a self certification process. The DOT does not actually test headlights or bulbs. They set the standard and each company is responsible for assuring the standard is met. That’s how all those headlight and bulb manufacturers from far away countries get to sell on Amazon and eBay.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are those gloss black on the insides? I like gloss, the anzos im looking at are satin, but black friday has them at 25% off! I like their sequential tails too!
Gloss black. Chrome projector shrouds.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How bright are the DRL and turn signal in daylight?
The drl are extremely bright. I'll try to get some videos, but it's overcast and raining today. The turns are plenty bright. Brighter than the alpharex I replaced.

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What triggers errors in the BCM if you had halogen headlamps and switched to an LED projector style? Is it just bulb outage kind of alerts and hyperflash for the signal?

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What triggers errors in the BCM if you had halogen headlamps and switched to an LED projector style? Is it just bulb outage kind of alerts and hyperflash for the signal?
Everything was LED. It was a full led projector with LED turns and drl. Even when I had the alpharex pro g2 housings, would get the parking light out error. The error I couldn't get rid of were the parking light out. I used their drl harness, changed a bunch of settings in the BCM, couldn't get it to go away consistently. Eventually, I added the factory drl circuit (used on OEM projector trucks) and programmed the BCM for it. This allowed me to have the option of turning it on or off via the radio. Doing this a for some reason had the most positive affect on the errors, but still didn't get rid of them completely. It would pop up once or twice a week randomly. Currently sitting at almost a month with these lights and zero issues thus far.
Why Alpharex has these issues, I don't know. Some people don't have issues, some people do. Adding resistors works for some. It didn't work for me.

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the information.
I was planning on Morimoto full LED headlights when my finances recuperate. Didn't know I'd be needed to reprogram a bunch of stuff.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the information.
I was planning on Morimoto full LED headlights when my finances recuperate. Didn't know I'd be needed to reprogram a bunch of stuff.
You likely may not since the morimoto harness is designed to be plug and play.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How bright are the DRL and turn signal in daylight?
Here's a few from the morning. Been getting a heavy dew in the morning, hence the cloudiness. The DRL's dim when the lights are on. And you can see the turns are plenty bright. Definitely brighter than the alpharex I had on there.
PXL_20231127_122631003.jpg
PXL_20231127_122717794.jpg