Location of factory remote start module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all,
Where is the factory-installed remote start module on a 2016 1500?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are you trying to do? What is the problem? That is the location of the rf hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rtm03862iq

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. Right after I posted that question, I found the Chrysler Tech Authority webpage and found out the info I was looking for.

I'm looking into the possibility of upgrading to Keyless Enter 'N Go on my '16 Big Horn. I know it won't be cheap (new WIN, key fobs, programming, etc.), but a friend of mine, who is a former Dodge mechanic, said that, unless a sales code is restricted to a specific model or trim, any Chrysler code and can be added to any Chrysler vehicle. Said that he used to do it all the time. The sales codes for Keyless 'N Go are GX1, GX4 and GXD and according to Chrysler's sales code chart, those codes are "applicable to all vehicle types". I may be right or wrong about it, but I think it's possible and not as impossible as it may have been before.

Just in the research phase of this potential project. Next I'm gonna pop the driver's front door panel off and see if the handle sensor and antenna connections are there.

stevewithavision

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My remote start Is factory, the truck is a Longhorn it may or may not work. I have replaced the batteries and bought a new remote button unit at the dealer's suggestion. It's acting like it has a bad ground or a bad connection. Sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't work to the point I have to use the key to open the door. The dealer thinks the problem is because I live close to the airport (which I do) but this problem started about 2 months ago. I have lived here since 2020, it is now 2023.