Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob0060

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 1500 Sport. Factory remote start. When I try to remote start everything works as normal then I get one click from the motor. Truck does not start.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Man, you really need to provide way more to go on. Not the least of which is where the hell is the click comming from. Starter motor, hub, solenoid, and just to start with does the horn honk twice like it should on a remote start to confirm connection amd on it goes. If you can't be bothered spending the time to give us the stuff to work with we aren't going to be very motivated to drag it out of you. Take it to a shop amd have them look at it if this is the best you can do.

OP
OP
R

rob0060

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry guy, first time I have ever posted anywhere. I was hopping I had a problem that was seen before.

I think the click is coming form the starter. Lights flash when I attempt to start. I have the horn turned off. I changed the key fob battery. Truck started once. Appears the truck is getting the required signal from the key just won't start.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Does the truck have a key fob you stick into the dash to start? If so does the truck Tip-Start?
Tip-Start you only have to turn the key all the way to start, then let go. The truck will turn over without holding the key in the "Start" position.

How old is the teuck battery?

OP
OP
R

rob0060

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No key , push button start. Truck battery is about 1 1/2 yrs old.