Long term review of husky liner fender mud flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Alrighty folks. Today I did a fairly deep clean of my truck and wanted to see what was up under the flaps.

Well, it’s not good folks lol. I applied their protective film. They were installed as per instructions and the paint started wearing off at the top on the inside of the lip. Also, the pinch seam was right down to the metal and starting to rust [emoji848].

Also, where it touched the bottom it’s rubbed the paint. So I applied touch paint and tomorrow will finish with some clear coat. Seems as though where you apply the film it barely touches and it’s everywhere else it rubs.

I will keep where it rubs in mind and come up with a solutions. Maybe sand it lightly and apply bed liner to those areas and put flaps back on [emoji2369]c82a941a3e862fa8fdd151ddefd50538.jpgb1d6bcd7730354f0d47fa6e79bb05de8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Thanks for the update. I bought a set and installed the front flaps on the truck a month back (I didn't like the look of the rears so they're sitting in the box in my storage).

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I have a Rebel with flat black flares the paint rubbing issue is a mute point because the flap is against the flare... correct?

I have a set of these in a box to put on. Problem is I really like the rubber Mopar ones.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If I have a Rebel with flat black flares the paint rubbing issue is a mute point because the flap is against the flare... correct?

I have a set of these in a box to put on. Problem is I really like the rubber Mopar ones.

That’s correct. Your flares are doing the damage instead [emoji1787]. I have yet to find a viable solution for that area of a truck. I called a shop to get a quote on 3M around wheel wells and lip and it was $500. So that’s always an option. No fender flare worries, no mudflap worries and no rock chips. However, it’s $500 on a ghost mod [emoji1787]. But those are some of my favourite mods sometimes and it’s those that pay for themselves sometimes...

If it weren’t for fading issues will Line-x I’d consider that too. But looks ugly IMO

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s correct. Your flares are doing the damage instead [emoji1787]. I have yet to find a viable solution for that area of a truck. I called a shop to get a quote on 3M around wheel wells and lip and it was $500. So that’s always an option. No fender flare worries, no mudflap worries and no rock chips. However, it’s $500 on a ghost mod [emoji1787]. But those are some of my favourite mods sometimes and it’s those that pay for themselves sometimes...

If it weren’t for fading issues will Line-x I’d consider that too. But looks ugly IMO

I know. That’s why I have not looked behind my flares. I wanna swap out to riveted Mopar ones but I’m afraid I’m Gunn wanna protect everything under there. Lol.

In regards to line x as truck paint. I have heard if the person applying is good at it they can get it to finely mist on in multiple coats and it looks like matte finish paint then. But it takes someone who has done it or has the skill to do it. A guy who shoots at a gun club my cousin runs has a f250 with a desert tan finish if line x. It was done in the “fine mist” method and looked good and much different than what we see in our truck beds.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I know. That’s why I have not looked behind my flares. I wanna swap out to riveted Mopar ones but I’m afraid I’m Gunn wanna protect everything under there. Lol.

In regards to line x as truck paint. I have heard if the person applying is good at it they can get it to finely mist on in multiple coats and it looks like matte finish paint then. But it takes someone who has done it or has the skill to do it. A guy who shoots at a gun club my cousin runs has a f250 with a desert tan finish if line x. It was done in the “fine mist” method and looked good and much different than what we see in our truck beds.

Interesting..... what I really want done is wheel well and rockers. Along with pinch seam if possible. I’ll have to call and read reviews for the best around me [emoji106]. Thanks for the tips!