Longevity(?) stock ball joints steering stabilizer on lifted Ram 2500 gasser ('14)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
Just curious what the useful life span is for the stock ball joints and steering stabilizer are on the 2500 gasser. We've got a 2014 that recently ticked over 100k. It's been riding on a 3" Pure Performance Triple Thread stage 3 lift for the last 6yrs/75k miles. Whether its relevant or not, we ran 35 for the first 40k with the lift and 37's for the last 36k miles.

On the whole I don't notice any weird shakes, rattles, vibrations, death wobble while rolling down the road other than what I might attribute to road imperfections when we drive the truck. With the mileage up there and it being lifted with big tires I know it's we need to be mindful something failing.

With that said, is it surprising these components have lasted as long as they have and be thankful or not surprised and expect to get a bit more life out of them?

Unrelated to the original question, what kind of life span can be expected out of a quality lift kit? Thinking we may want to pull the shocks in the next 10k-20k miles and send them off to be rebuilt (they're 2.658" reservoir shocks).

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just curious what the useful life span is for the stock ball joints and steering stabilizer are on the 2500 gasser. We've got a 2014 that recently ticked over 100k. It's been riding on a 3" Pure Performance Triple Thread stage 3 lift for the last 6yrs/75k miles. Whether its relevant or not, we ran 35 for the first 40k with the lift and 37's for the last 36k miles.

On the whole I don't notice any weird shakes, rattles, vibrations, death wobble while rolling down the road other than what I might attribute to road imperfections when we drive the truck. With the mileage up there and it being lifted with big tires I know it's we need to be mindful something failing.

With that said, is it surprising these components have lasted as long as they have and be thankful or not surprised and expect to get a bit more life out of them?

Unrelated to the original question, what kind of life span can be expected out of a quality lift kit? Thinking we may want to pull the shocks in the next 10k-20k miles and send them off to be rebuilt (they're 2.658" reservoir shocks).
100K is a good maintenance point to do some preventative maintenance. Replacing wearing parts is always a good thing to do. I would include u joints in that, a new track bar bushings to keep everything good. Shocks are 50K cycles you don’t want to wear them to the point of damage. It’s an easy rebuild when the seals are not torn and causing unnecessary scoring inside the shock body