Longhorn Dashboard Delamination

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nalucido

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I know this has been talked about many times already - I've tagged @RamCares and sent them a PM a few times already but no response.
2019 Laramie Longhorn with 100k miles and the dash is coming up everywhere - has anyone had any success in actually getting this fixed?

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
I purchased a 2019 Longhorn 2500 four months ago from CarMax. The leather dash is bubbling up. CarMax ordered a new dash pad in September. The dash pad is supposed to be in next month. I will let you know how it comes out. This is all being covered by CarMax (!).

As a side note, the passenger outside mirror had a cracked housing and the blind spot mirror was loose. CarMax ordered a new mirror and installed it last week. Perfect!

So far I have good things to say about CarMax. Hopefully I still will after the dash install. Their prices may be a little high, but they seem to have good service.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Someone did get some assistance but this is the exception, not the norm:

You are well out of basic warranty so most likely will not get any financial help from RAM but the answer is always no unless you ask.

Trim is specifically called out in every ESP as not covered so it will be up to whoever you call to see if they want to help as there is zero policy to do so.

Another option is to find a good auto upholstery shop to see what they would be able to do/charge for the job.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I purchased a 2019 Longhorn 2500 four months ago from CarMax. The leather dash is bubbling up. CarMax ordered a new dash pad in September. The dash pad is supposed to be in next month. I will let you know how it comes out. This is all being covered by CarMax (!).

As a side note, the passenger outside mirror had a cracked housing and the blind spot mirror was loose. CarMax ordered a new mirror and installed it last week. Perfect!

So far I have good things to say about CarMax. Hopefully I still will after the dash install. Their prices may be a little high, but they seem to have good service.
That's good to know about CarMax. I've avoided them in the past because of their prices, but if they provide that kind of service after the sale I might consider them the next time I'm shopping for a used vehicle.

Another option is to find a good auto upholstery shop to see what they would be able to do/charge for the job.
You beat me to it. I've been surprised by what a good upholstery shop can do. Their prices should be well below what a dealership will charge to replace the dash.

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
We actually went to an auto upholstery shop before CarMax ordered our part. The shop would not touch it because of the airbag in the dash.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Some shops are more confident than others based on skill, experience, and/or specialty. Obviously it will depend on your area as I am sure that many are sparse comparatively.

Many tint shops wouldn't touch my windshield because of all the electronics close under the dash. The good ones were more than willing to take my money and not worried about any damage because of their abilities.

Just my .02

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nalucido

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you all- @RamCares via 'X' (previously Twitter) responded pretty quickly and we'll see where that goes, hopefully at least credit me a portion of the fix. They requested that I meet with the local dealer service, which I did, and was presented a $2744 new dash replacement.

jrapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Folks, this leather delamination problem on all 2019 and 2020 Longhorn and Limited models is a known issue by Ram will be fixed by your dealer with near 100% cost coverage by Ram if you contact Ram Cares and open a case. Mine is in the shop getting replaced for free and I'm well out of factory warranty.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I live in Nevada, land of severe clear. The first thing we do when getting a new vehicle is put a dash over on it to protect from UV rays. fixing a dash costs a lot.

RogerBall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you all- @RamCares via 'X' (previously Twitter) responded pretty quickly and we'll see where that goes, hopefully at least credit me a portion of the fix. They requested that I meet with the local dealer service, which I did, and was presented a $2744 new dash replacement.
How can you contact ramcares if you don't have a Twitter or X account is there an email? We have a 20/20 Dodge Ram Limited got in it this morning and found that the dashboard is all bubbles. We keep a sunshield on it all the time so this should not have happened. We bought the vehicle used but paid dearly for it and didn't expect it to have issues.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in Nevada, land of severe clear. The first thing we do when getting a new vehicle is put a dash over on it to protect from UV rays. fixing a dash costs a lot.
Even tho I do not have the Longhorn/Laramie/Limited fancy dash issue on my mildly optioned 2019 Bighorn, still why I got a Covercraft Dash Cover.
(1) for the monster heat here.
(2) Because the reflection off of the Camel tan color onto the windshield was insane, had to do something to be able to see clearly out the windshield. And that reflection was also a PITA at night from headlights too, made me a believer in a dash cover real quick. Just my perspective.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How can you contact ramcares if you don't have a Twitter or X account is there an email? We have a 20/20 Dodge Ram Limited got in it this morning and found that the dashboard is all bubbles. We keep a sunshield on it all the time so this should not have happened. We bought the vehicle used but paid dearly for it and didn't expect it to have issues.
Welcome to Forum. Look at "Nalucido's" post you replied to. Put your cursor on the orange colored Ram Cares, start a Conversation and Send RAM Cares a PM. They also monitor this Forum and U could try a shout out.