Lookin for advise for pistons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eduardop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a misfire because of my piston ring so I figured I might as well change out my piston’s because I want performance I’m trynna find what would be best for a stock motor

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I got a misfire because of my piston ring so I figured I might as well change out my piston’s because I want performance I’m trynna find what would be best for a stock motor
Depends on what you want out of the engine.You should get ahold of a couple outfits that sell replacement piston/rod combo's and talk to them.FRP and MMX are a couple places to contact.
First thing you'll need to know is if the engine needs an overbore,or if you can get away with a drop in piston and rod combo.
Depending on your goals down the road ,will determine your ring endgap,are you planning on boosting it,or hitting it with nitrous etc

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How many times are you going to post this???

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Combined them all.

Welcome to the forum OP, post #2 has all the info you need. We need more info to help further than that.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Never heard of a stick piston ring causing a misfire in this motor.
If he butted the ring ends together and broke the piston,it could cause a misfire Craig.That's the worst case scenerio though,as most times it'll break the pistons top ring land and will still run with-out a misfire,unless the broke off piece gets jammed under a valve,and won't let it close. But then it'll usually cause the piston to smack the valve and bend the valve,as the Hemi's are an interferance engine

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If he butted the ring ends together and broke the piston,it could cause a misfire Craig.That's the worst case scenerio though,as most times it'll break the pistons top ring land and will still run with-out a misfire,unless the broke off piece gets jammed under a valve,and won't let it close. But then it'll usually cause the piston to smack the valve and bend the valve,as the Hemi's are an interferance engine
Right, all kinds of catastrophe can happen. From his original post, it sounded like he was SBE and trying to diagnose. You know I know this motor is an interference motor from my install!