Looking at 2019 3500 Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shrav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,

I am looking at a 2019 3500 Laramie Dually with about 85,000 KM on it (52,000 Miles).

There is a CarFax available and I see tires/brakes and ball joints all replaced at the dealership about 3,000 miles ago (also it shows regular servicing).

Is there anything else I should specifically looking at when I go to see this rig? It is fully loaded (including automatic running boards, moon roof, blind spot stuff etc.)

It is listed at @ 71,000.

A local dealer has a few new 22 and 23 Big Horns nicely equipped (but nowhere as loaded at the 2019) at @ $87-90. These are crew cabs with shortboxes.

The lower payload isn't really an issue. I will likely be pulling a 5th wheel in the future but as long as we don't go crazy with a massive one, I should be ok.

Everything being considered has a Cummins.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks!

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If its a 2019 diesel truck most likely has the injection pump recall on it. That is a major issue for some. Plus there are other recalls that are pretty scary that also are due on it, like the engine intake heater, and the trans fluid over flowing the turbo.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Main concern with a 2019 is if the recall was done for the CP4 pump which it probably wasn't. But you can check, it should look like the pump on the left CP3. The one on the right is the CP4.2 that should be replaced.
The pump is located on the drivers side of the engine block.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220514-134306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220514-134306_Chrome.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 9

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hi all,

I am looking at a 2019 3500 Laramie Dually with about 85,000 KM on it (52,000 Miles).

There is a CarFax available and I see tires/brakes and ball joints all replaced at the dealership about 3,000 miles ago (also it shows regular servicing).

Is there anything else I should specifically looking at when I go to see this rig? It is fully loaded (including automatic running boards, moon roof, blind spot stuff etc.)

It is listed at @ 71,000.

A local dealer has a few new 22 and 23 Big Horns nicely equipped (but nowhere as loaded at the 2019) at @ $87-90. These are crew cabs with shortboxes.

The lower payload isn't really an issue. I will likely be pulling a 5th wheel in the future but as long as we don't go crazy with a massive one, I should be ok.

Everything being considered has a Cummins.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks!

If the truck is at a FCA dealership make them include any updates not yet completed as a condition of the sale, not sure why so m any get all hyped up over grid rely, if a person is worried they can always disconnect the relay for the battery until its replaced, as for trans over flow the parts have been available for months not so there is no reason for dealer to not take care of it asap...

3CUMMINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 2019 2020
Engine
5.9 6.7HO 6.7
HO or not? Makes a difference if your haul heavy.
I have a 2019 3500 4WD Dually w HO/Aisin combination.
They were as rare as hen's teeth to find in Ontario when I bought mine.
I have 39 K on mine (a tad over 24 K miles) and haven't had an issue.
With the HO, it has towed everything that it has been needed to tow with more pull available.
I don't drive it in the winter which explains why the mileage is so low, but I don't have to.
If you are planning on driving this in the Ottawa area, a 4WD is a virtual necessity.
I have owned a 4WD since 1979 and would not buy a truck that isn't - here anyway.
And remember, you are putting on 6 winter/snow tires, not 4. Cha-ching.
One thing that worked well for the 2004 2500 I have, is a system my husband made for the box. 2 x 4's on their sides in a frame work (think a checker board pattern) with 2 layers of patio slabs in the squares. I had a higher, but flat box floor and didn't need 4WD as often. You have to adjust your driving a tad, but it isn't in the least scary.
You can check the VIN on the mopar canada site to find out if there are any outstanding recalls not completed. You don't pay for the recall, so there shouldn't be a problem.
If it has all the bells and whistles in electronics, see if someone put the extended warranty on them. My son had a 2020 2500 Laramie that had paint, electronics and got knows what other extended warranty on it and used every one. Engine was fine, body was fine, save the recalls but the time it was in getting this work done, and having to borrow a vehicle to replace it while it was in. He sold it.
Good luck.