looking for some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello , Purchased a 2015 Ram 1500 2WD November of last year, truck had a 145,000. Ran great at time of purchase, developed a lifter tick, needed the cam and lifters done. While having the engine apart I had the heads redone, new valves and springs seats etc. Below is a comprehensive list of parts Ive replaced. I always replace parts with Mopar parts.

I have replaced almost every component of the engine besides the rotational.

The last issue that we cannot resolve is a random misfire on the odd cylinder side. The condition only seems to present when I start the truck on a cold morning, the engine starts good, good fuel pressure etc, after it idles down to 1k rpm truck drives like its mis firing, as soon as I get on a main road and give it gas it misses badly and the CEL blinks. This has only happened a couple times since the temp is dropping in NY.

Funny thing is if the truck sits till the temps warm up like after work ( 3pm ) , the truck fires right up and drives completely normal. Besides this issue we have this motor running like a sewing machine, its perfectly balanced and powerful when running. When its acting up it throws codes like PCM P0 307 cylinder misfire, last time it was cylinder 5 and once it was cylinder 3. Which leads me to that bank ( odd bank ) but cannot figure out what is causing this.

Sorry for such a long rant , just trying to be conclusive as this issue has been hard to figure out

Below is a list of work done and parts replaced in the past 12 months..

• oil pan and oil change
  • 8 new coil packs and plugs
  • new cam and lifters
  • heads completely rebuilt
  • new timing components
  • new water and oil pump
  • new fuel pump w/ 8 brand new oe injectors
  • trans pan and fluid change
  • coolant flush
  • front & rear brakes
  • diff service
  • 3 new U joints
  • cam and crank pos sensors
  • new throttle body
  • new gas pedal
  • lower front ball joints
  • steering intermediate joint
  • carrier bearing
  • front wheel bearings
  • front and rear shocks
  • front and rear springs
  • cold air intake
  • cat back exhaust
  • gas cap and valve on tank
  • new Evap purge and leak detection valve
  • new Oem fuel pressure sensor
  • 4 O2 sensors NGK
  • new OE TIPM
  • engine temp sensor mopar
  • new battery

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Intake manifold leak?

Believe it or not, quite a few members have had loose intake bolts. Plus, the torque required on these is not very high to begin with.

Some have said they can hand tighten some of the bolts, they were found to be that loose.

I could be way off here. Hope you get it sorted.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
An intermittent, temperature sensitive problem. Gotta love those!

I'd be tempted to move coil packs around to see if the problem might follow one. And as usual, check connections on the coil packs/ecu.

OP
OP
C

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
after your rebuild were you getting random misfires or the same cyliner each time ? thanks

seanclark1503

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
I was told by 2 separate shops I had a bad coil pack and it was causing the misfire. The 3 place ? He got lucky immediately when his work light fell or moved and then he noticed that a spark plug was sparking out from boot and it was a cracked plug that was it . I had that problem intermittently for about two years ! I had dropped a plug while replacing then . It was a V-10 , my hands must’ve gotten really tired after the first 9 plugs .

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told by 2 separate shops I had a bad coil pack and it was causing the misfire. The 3 place ? He got lucky immediately when his work light fell or moved and then he noticed that a spark plug was sparking out from boot and it was a cracked plug that was it . I had that problem intermittently for about two years ! I had dropped a plug while replacing then . It was a V-10 , my hands must’ve gotten really tired after the first 9 plugs .
A V-10, you say? Well Hemi only has 16 plugs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat