Looking for some wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys, got a new project in the works that involves adding additional lighting to the truck, and figured I would ask before I started drilling holes and snipping wires.

So I am adding a headache rack with auxiliary brake lights/turn signals, and Black Oak light pods and a light bar. There will be other lights involved in the near future (on back order) but the answers I hope t get now should clear up the rest.
So, lets start with the rack lights. LED turn and brake. I am assuming I can just chase the harness and splice into the existing brake/turn with no ill effect? My truck is an 18 Bighorn 2500, I have swapped my factory bulbs with LEDs already and I did have to use ALFA to change them all to LED to eliminate the light out messages. I presume adding additional LEDs in the circuit should be a non-issue? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Next is the Black Oak LED pods and bar. Their instructions say to run right off the battery; I prefer to have them powered through the ignition if possible, so how might I go about this and not cause canbus issues? Each light comes with a relay that I was hoping to run from the PDC under the hood. Possible, or not so much?

There are more lights and a winch in the future but I'll deal with those as they present themselves. I appreciate whatever help you more electrically-minded folks can offer.

horsetrailer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Power Wagon
I recommend you use an aux fuse block with relays and run your add ons off of that. There qre plenty of options, spod,c roll your own, etc. Just search aud fus panel or box or aux switch panel and you will find a lot of info

OP
OP
Big Terry

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I recommend you use an aux fuse block with relays and run your add ons off of that. There qre plenty of options, spod,c roll your own, etc. Just search aud fus panel or box or aux switch panel and you will find a lot of info
Would those wire into the existing PDC or off the batteries?

horsetrailer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Power Wagon
Off the battery. check out sPod4x4.com. Basically you putting in your own PDC running off the battery so it does not interfere with any of the branch circuits on the truck. I have one with 6 circuits / relays and you can configure it for always on or switched

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I'd suggest tapping into the trailer wiring for the brake and turn signal lights. It'd be the easiest to access and already near the bed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk