Looking to Change Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Nobles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 Ram , the seats are manual so i found a leather set with power , heat and cool , so any thoughts on what i need to do or know to make them work, is this a plug and play kind of install, is the harness the same, anytime i need to add, how does the cool part work ect....

Jim

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Ram , the seats are manual so i found a leather set with power , heat and cool , so any thoughts on what i need to do or know to make them work, is this a plug and play kind of install, is the harness the same, anytime i need to add, how does the cool part work ect....

Jim
Depending on your trim level and cab configuration the wiring may or may not be there. If your truck has one solid red wire and two pink wires with a yellow stripe in the truck side drivers side yellow seat plug you have the correct wiring. You can install the seats and enable the codes and the heat and vent will work. If it doesn't have the wiring you can add it and activate the proper codes and they will work. I did a write up on it in the 4th gen DIY when I added them to my Express (How to add heated/ventilated seats and heated wheel to Express/Tradesman) If you don't have the wiring you can order the harness from M2mods who is a vendor on this forum. You will need to purchase the alpha OBD to enable the codes in order for the heated/vented seat plus heated steering wheel to function. I reccomend you check out the (alpha OBD) thread for that. The alpha thread has gotten huge but don't let it intimidate you. It's extremely easy to use and extremely easy to activate the codes once you install your seats. If you just want the power adjust to work you need to run a constant 12v source to the red wire in the yellow seat plug in both seats and make sure the solid black wire in the yellow plug is grounded. There are no codes needed for the seat adjust to work. This is a picture of my Express after the install.bcabc54a2c89c067ebda8ee702e3392d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk