Looks like I'm never buying RAM again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Love straight 6’s. More reliable, less harmonics, lower rpm torque. Just gonna miss the growl when I start it every day.

OP
OP
Black-Wolf

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't get attached to the vehicles I drive. That's not to say there aren't several I really liked, my current ram truck being one of them. These days I usually buy used and pay cash. I buy based on cost, not payment (the dealership salesmen have never been able to understand that).

I just can't justify new price for a truck so my 2017 classic will just have to do for a few years, at least. That will give me plenty of time to see how these new engines work out when I'm ready for another used one. I wouldn't hesitate to go with one of the new turbo 6's. Better than that would be the new ramcharger (I definitely couldn't justify that price new). For me, it's all about dependability, horse power, torque, price, and whether I can make a trip in it without feeling crippled when I get out of the truck, not what particular engine it has in it.
I too, buy based on cost, and pay it off (if I don't buy it outright) as early as possible - usually within 2-3 years max. I would LOVE to buy a brand new car just once for myself, but I'm super pleased with my used RAM which was only a year old when I bought it - at a much better price than I could ever have gotten with a new truck. Paid $40k for her, and a new truck with the same bells/whistles would have been over $80k. A new truck like what I wanted (a Rebel) was going for $90+... Can't justify the monthly payments for brand new if it's gonna cost almost as much as mortgage payment (at the time).