Low heat/airflow driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've been having a issue with my heat on driver side, and other threads I've found or read isn't the same as mine almost similar but not really. So when I have the air on cold I have full strong air flow on driver side, the moment I switch to heat the air is really low flowing out and barely Luke warm coming out, but strong as it can be with heat and air flow on the passenger side I do have a dual climate system in my truck and it's a 2013 ram 1500 sport any suggestions I'm open for! I've done heater fore flush, I've tried seeing if I had air bubbles, I've also checked the return hose and hose going into the heater core both only have a 1 temperature difference between the both. So I'm lost with whats going on.

OldSchoolRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having the same issue, I replaced my heater core about 4 mo ago and heat was fine now that winder is here I noticed that the drivers side is not the hottest more a Luke warm and not much or any heat at the floor. Passenger side is fine. I also check the actuators and they all seem to be working fine. The main blend door to the left inside of the glove box with the actuator off I can hear it shutting solid on when operated and same with actuator installed. Only thing I’m thinking is that so much heat is goin in through passenger side duct that its stealing from divers. But that makes no since. Hopefully someone has some ideas as well.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having the same issue, I replaced my heater core about 4 mo ago and heat was fine now that winder is here I noticed that the drivers side is not the hottest more a Luke warm and not much or any heat at the floor. Passenger side is fine. I also check the actuators and they all seem to be working fine. The main blend door to the left inside of the glove box with the actuator off I can hear it shutting solid on when operated and same with actuator installed. Only thing I’m thinking is that so much heat is goin in through passenger side duct that its stealing from divers. But that makes no since. Hopefully someone has some ideas as well.
when you did your heater core did you flush the whole cooling system? also you can try burping the system again heater cores on these are hard to burp. You may also try flushing heater core if you did not flush the system in the first place its not a complicated setup when the drivers side is colder its either a stuck bland door or heater core same thing for the a/c in summer when its low on refrig pass side will be colder.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
with the dual climate system

press the LEFT button for 10 seconds
release & press it again for 10 more seconds
Hopefully that button will Flash or something

see if it works now

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yet i even tried burping it as well, someone said when burping it, to rev it a little. it would be a mess but the air pockets would be out. i just dont want to replace the whole thing if its something stupid. I got qouted 2000 to replace the HVAC box but its not a actuator or a blend door so that would be pointless.

EriikK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had similar symptoms, barely any heat. I found that when I overfilled the coolant, the heater could burp itself. Easy fix! But putting it to the fill line was not enough, I had to really top it up. No doubt some coolant will burp out on the ground, but at least I have heat now.