Low air flow on driver side while heat on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcchub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 tradesman with single zone heating. The issue I am having is that when I turn on the heat in the vehicle I lose almost all airflow from the driver side vents.

I have checked all of the actuators for proper operation and they all seem to function correctly. I have pulled the blower motor to see if the evaporator if clogged and I don’t see any issues there. Does anyone else have a suggestion as to what could be causing this?

I have seen online people recalibrating their dampers using the recirculating button but I have never been able to get this to work properly.

If any one could point me in a new direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 3

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heater Core
Try flushing or back flushing.
I had same problem, Had dealer flush coolant system to include a Heater Core flush and it fixed mine,
NOT sure if it will fix yours BUT fixed mine, plenty of heat now all over.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heater core is not going to stop air flow, it will just blow cold. This is an odd one for single zone.
DUH Thats right sorry
forget what I typed
I was thinking something different

OP
OP
M

Mcchub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Heater core is not going to stop air flow, it will just blow cold. This is an odd one for single zone.
Agreed. When I have the system set to cool air/AC I have nice strong airflow. The second I change that over to heat the airflow reduces more than half the volume on the driver side and a little more than half the volume of the passenger side. Is there a way to tell if a the blend door is slipping even though the actuator is fully traveling.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Agreed. When I have the system set to cool air/AC I have nice strong airflow. The second I change that over to heat the airflow reduces more than half the volume on the driver side and a little more than half the volume of the passenger side. Is there a way to tell if a the blend door is slipping even though the actuator is fully traveling.

You never mentioned the passenger side getting decreased flow, you only said drivers side which is what was puzzling. Stripped blend door is my guess. Need to get in there and check it.