Lower Ball joints 2013 SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have run into a issue I have searched throug the forums and can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. I have a 2013 Ram SLT with the 5.7L and have lower ball joints that are bad. The info I am looking for is can just the ball joints be replaced? The lower control arm is the aluminum one and not steel so not sure if they are pressed in or made as a part of arm. The suspension is coil springs with shocks and can't seem to find any aftermarket arms that are for coil springs. Really dont want to have to pay $300 + a piece for MOPAR arms unless I really have to. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have run into a issue I have searched throug the forums and can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. I have a 2013 Ram SLT with the 5.7L and have lower ball joints that are bad. The info I am looking for is can just the ball joints be replaced? The lower control arm is the aluminum one and not steel so not sure if they are pressed in or made as a part of arm. The suspension is coil springs with shocks and can't seem to find any aftermarket arms that are for coil springs. Really dont want to have to pay $300 + a piece for MOPAR arms unless I really have to. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
This should Do ya. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ram,2013,1500,5.7l+v8,3000991,suspension,ball+joint,10070

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm sure it's the same ball joint for coils or torsion. Done them on both torsion and coil pressed em out and installed new ones I've never had to replace an a arm on a ram to do lowers.
If you're doing them yourself invest in the right tools, trying to hammer them out and then in you will almost always distort the aluminum and the ball joints won't sit tight the tool makes sure they go in good and straight.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
P

Philip Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Wasn't sure if the aluminum arm ball joints could be pressed out or not. They look like there made into to the arm but guess time will tell.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
They aren't c clipped in just a very tight fit. The new ones get clips to hold them in.

OP
OP
P

Philip Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Looking to replace my lower ball joints on my 201320190219_191147.jpg 20190219_191147.jpg Ram 1500 2WD with a 5.7L, was wondering just what is this on the lower control arm covering the ball joint? Is it something that needs to be chiseled off or can it be removed in some other way. Can't seem to find any info on it. Any assistance would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It just pushes out. No need to do anything. It pushes out through the bottom. Top down

Just1me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to revive a thread but does anyone know what ball joint fits for this style lower? I also need to replace mine, and trying to find the correct ball joint to fit in place.

Just1me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is it confirmed that the air suspension, or 4x4, uses the same lower ball joint as the coil spring setup? Im in the same pickel and need to get mine replaced as soon as possible.