Magnacharger on 14?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So its been awhile since I've posted. I've been working my ass off and I'm looking at a new job within the next few months.

which meansssssss MORE mods!

I'm looking at getting cammed this winter. Looking at boosting her next summer/fall. I'm a fan of planning out my stuff wayyy before i actually buy it.

So i was looking at the magnacharger. I was looking at the procharger but i don't think it will work without major fab work for what i want to do? The magnacharger uses the stock airbox which will allow me to use American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).

Anyway a tranny will come soon after that i'm sure. My original plan was get a 410 stroker. Obviously i'm looking for power down load for offroading.

Bottom line has anyone installed a magnacharger on a 14? ive only seen the kits for 09-10. I've also heard that they will have one at this years SEMA but who knows

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Historically, magnacharger is like the worst power adder there is. They always make significantly less power and run slower than competing options (on pretty much ALL vehicles).

That being said... I wouldn't buy it. Edelbrock makes a similar kit, you could probably use that. Or depending on where the headunit actually mounts and the orientation, you could still run the procharger with minor fab work for the intake.

IMO

EDIT: After looking at everything briefly, just ditch that snorkel bs. The end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
nah i would never take a procharger in the mud without a snorkel with the intake where it is. So much mud and water splashing up there. I even have enough mud in my stock intake box.

But besides i didnt know that about the magnacharger. I forgot about the edelbrock, anyone running one?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Wait til SEMA. I know guys at Magnuson, I will swing over their booth. Ive already heard what they are doing, and its exciting.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
if you are going to be doing that level of "mudding", I would avoid any power adder all together then. Just going to create problems.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wait til SEMA. I know guys at Magnuson, I will swing over their booth. Ive already heard what they are doing, and its exciting.

sounds good!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
All new stuff after SEMA will be out :)

OP
OP