Magnaflow Y-pipe swap: a quick review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueMeanies

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 QCSB RWD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yesterday, after I had finished work early I decieded to stop by a local hillbilly muffler shop in Fayetteville. The guy said he would do the swap for $150. Not a great price but not a complete hose job either. Average. He had time and could do it right then, so I went for it. Took him a bit over an hour.

He moved the upstream resonator back about one length and put the Y-pipe where the stock resonator location would be. Kind of cool. Looks like a psuedo long tube now.

Drove home and pulled a cel at about 20 miles. I think it's just the sensor though. No biggie. After dinner I went out for a few quick 0~80 runs on the country road that is by my house. ****!!! Startled me when it hit the powerband at about 3K! Pulls freakin' hard!:crazy:

I'm going to pick up a load of mulch for the wifes garden today. I'll post back and let you know how it does in the role of work truck.

The difference between the stock smashed tube y and the Magnaflow is almost equal to the difference between the log manifolds and going to short tube headers. The butt dyno says it's that profound!

All the small mods are starting to harmonize now.:favorites13:

OP
OP
BlueMeanies

BlueMeanies

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 QCSB RWD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sucky pic. The ground soaking wet from all the rain and it is covered with ticks!

The work is not ultra pretty like some of the jobs I've seen. The welds are solid. It got the job done. The truck rips!

Besides, the Chevy guys will never see the bottom of my Hemi Ram, they'll only see the tailgate...:grd: :D

Attachments

• Y_pipe.jpg
    Y_pipe.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueMeanies

BlueMeanies

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 QCSB RWD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still running stock. Might put a Magnaflow 22" in at some point.
Whatever goes in must pass the wife test though. Zero drone! I wouldn't want it to be loud either.

I'm going to do smaller wheels and/or tires before that.