Manual seat in Express???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi all, my first post here.
I hope to be a owner of a 2013 Express Crew cab by the 8th but I have a quick question. My dealer is trying to do a trade to get one 4x4 with the RA2 radio and a few other things that I don't really care about seeing as it is going to be a lease. But my question is, how exactly does a $39000 truck NOT come with a power driver seat??? That is the thing that is worrying me the most at this point, not for me because I am 6'1", so I will have no visibility problems, but my wife is 5'2", and my worry is that if she ever has to drive it, she won't be able to see over the dash or the hood! From what I see the seat does not have a manual adjustment to move up and down like a few other Chrysler products have so I'm just asking for a general consensus of whether or not she will be able to see. Who knows, this may be a moot point, they may not even be able to get one in time and I will lose the rebates that expire on Monday.

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct, you cannot get a power seat in an Express. The whole point of them is to be a less expensive sport truck that someone in the 20-30 year old range can afford and modify easily. I got mine for close to $30k after a LOT of rebates.

If you must have power seats, I'd look at the Bighorn. They come in pretty close to the price of an Express.

ShortBed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with Magnuson Supercharger 6lbs of boost
Not for nothing, but I'm 5'6 on a good day and I have an Express. I do not have any problems with being able to see and the front of my truck can prove it. I'm sure that your wife wouldn't have any trouble at all after driving with you for a while. Also I am not sure how much higher a power seat would be compared to the manual. I bet the manual seat is set close to the middle so you could probably only get an inch higher or so. Also I would think that see could get a seat cover or pad if needed. Good luck with your future purchase. You will not be disappointed.

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2014 is coming out soon so the 2013 price may be lowering. I got my 2013 express quad cab for $25K during their truck month.

OP
OP
loveracing1988

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The only reason I am considering it is to get out from under my car, with the extra 3k take in bonus it allows me to say bye bye to it and lease a truck and save a decent chunk of money. 24 months 12k per year I'm looking at 270 per month with $500 down, I was originally quoted $189 per month with zero down but that dealer won't find me a truck or even contact me anymore. I just hope my wife can drive it!

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm 6' Wifes 5' she drives my 2011 sometimes and doesn't adjustbthe seat up. And can see fine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
OP
loveracing1988

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
39 grand for an express?? holy ****.

Sticker is 38960, that's not including the side steps. I would gladly step up to the bighorn or a outdoorsman but I'm already at the max I want to spend at $270 per month. I actually would prefer a quad cab but the payment is cheaper on the crew so here I sit.

OP
OP
loveracing1988

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm 6' Wifes 5' she drives my 2011 sometimes and doesn't adjustbthe seat up. And can see fine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This makes me feel a little better... I know in the outdoorsman we test drove she didn't have to move the seat up to see, but who knows where that one was sitting in regards to a manual seat height wise.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The Express is definitely the more cost effective option for people who just really want to get into a Hemi truck. Mine is as basic as they come other than being a quad cab instead of a single. Its got vinyl, manual seats, plastic galore interior etc and it stickered out att 33,500. The worst part is it has power locks and windows but no remote entry. So I have to walk up to a 30 k truck and unlock it with a key haha.

If you are looking at a truck that is 39000 you should be able to find a different model that is equipped with power seats in that price range if its a big concern for you. 39 for an Express seems a little outrageous.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Man the express has came up in one year when I got mine it was 22k with carpet power windows and locks they just didn't have the clads and I had one of the first 12's when I got it

But back to the original topic that my wife is 5'4 and never had a problem driving the express just move the seat forward even In My current truck I leave seat all the way down and she sometimes raises it half way

OP
OP
loveracing1988

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well, it is all a moot point. They couldn't find one to trade for so it's out anyways. I would love a outdoorsman or bighorn but starting MSRP for a crew cab 4x4 is 41k, I would be going for that for a buy but a lease it is just out of my price range.

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie , 2023 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
My wife is 5'3 and doesn't raise the seat up either

and I have it all the way down

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hold on until late October; selection will be limited, but they will deal $ 10k or so to make room. I got my $44k MSRP C/C Sport down around $ 30k.

OP
OP
loveracing1988

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hold on until late October; selection will be limited, but they will deal $ 10k or so to make room. I got my $44k MSRP C/C Sport down around $ 30k.

I honestly don't know what I want to do now... The whole reason I went from wanting a charger to a ram was the 3k conquest bonus, that took the lease payment so low I could save some money. After my discount and the incentives took the 39k to 28k so I was pretty happy with that. But I did learn a decent amount about the whole process. The dealers who have the trucks don't want to deal on them and the dealers who don't have trucks will cut you a great deal but can't get their hands on them. I was dealing with the biggest dealer in the state of Michigan and they couldn't even get a truck. Of course who knows if they even tried...

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Man the express has came up in one year when I got mine it was 22k with carpet power windows and locks they just didn't have the clads and I had one of the first 12's when I got it

Yeah, my friend got his 2012 express pretty cheap when they first hit the lots. There way more expensive now. I was looking at new 2012 last year but hell most of the express's were just over 30K. No thanks when I could buy a 2010 Laramie with low miles for that..

Well, it is all a moot point. They couldn't find one to trade for so it's out anyways. I would love a outdoorsman or bighorn but starting MSRP for a crew cab 4x4 is 41k, I would be going for that for a buy but a lease it is just out of my price range.

Tell me about. I'm sorry but I think the new prices on trucks is outrageous and Im not just talking about Dodges. I would never pay 40-50K for a truck. That's why I got mine used and I could care less about the warranty since Im going to mod it.

I know people usually come to the forums to complain, but there sure is a lot of problems with the 2013s considering it was only a minor refresh.

Podcast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sticker is 38960, that's not including the side steps. I would gladly step up to the bighorn or a outdoorsman but I'm already at the max I want to spend at $270 per month. I actually would prefer a quad cab but the payment is cheaper on the crew so here I sit.

I got my big horn QC with a ton of options for 39,500. That's a ton of money for an express. I've never heard of a CC costing more than a QC.

OP
OP
loveracing1988

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got my big horn QC with a ton of options for 39,500. That's a ton of money for an express. I've never heard of a CC costing more than a QC.

A quad cab bighorn including destination based price is pretty much $41k now...

Podcast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A quad cab bighorn including destination based price is pretty much $41k now...

Just got mine a month ago.....

Full center console, RA3 radio, remote start, power sliding window, auto dimming rear view and exterior mirrors, tow package, power heated folding side mirrors with courtesy lights, fully chromed, full 7" EVIC center, power seats and a lot more.

Bought it after rebate and my corporate discount for 30k.