Many questions about PA 3" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan to do 5100s and mevotech UCAs later this spring. I really want to do a PA 3" body lift as well. I've been reading on many different sites about the installation process because I want to do it myself.

I've searched YouTube high and low for a good install video for the PA body lift that is specific to a 4th gen ram 1500 but haven't found anything. Has anybody seen a good install video, or even a write up?

I also have a few other questions regarding the PA BL. My front and rear bumpers have the park assist sensors. Will there be issues with wiring during the bumper relocation?

Does the rear bumper get relocated like the front bumper?

I have read that people "turn up" their exhaust tips to close the gap with the bumper. What does that mean?

Will my running boards hang down? Is there a way to raise them as well?

Is there a way to raise the hitch? Or will that hang down as well?

Thanks!

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I plan to do 5100s and mevotech UCAs later this spring. I really want to do a PA 3" body lift as well. I've been reading on many different sites about the installation process because I want to do it myself.

I've searched YouTube high and low for a good install video for the PA body lift that is specific to a 4th gen ram 1500 but haven't found anything. Has anybody seen a good install video, or even a write up?

I also have a few other questions regarding the PA BL. My front and rear bumpers have the park assist sensors. Will there be issues with wiring during the bumper relocation?

Does the rear bumper get relocated like the front bumper?

I have read that people "turn up" their exhaust tips to close the gap with the bumper. What does that mean?

Will my running boards hang down? Is there a way to raise them as well?

Is there a way to raise the hitch? Or will that hang down as well?

Thanks!

No videos out there. But its pretty self explanatory with the directions. Just time consuming.

Parking sensors, i doubt they will be an issue, but mine doesn't have them.

Rear bumper relocates with brackets like the front.

The stock dual exhaust tips have a ball clamp(not sure if that's the proper term) But they can be angled upward so they don't look lower then the exhaust cutouts

The hitch will hang low. Looks normal to me, no one but you will notice. Our truck hides the body lift pretty well. I wouldn't suggest trying raise it since that will include welding.

OP
OP
Hawki1cr

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect! Thanks guys. One other question. Does the 3" PA BL include those blocks that need to be welded under the bed near the wheel wells?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I can confirm that the parking sensors work perfect with the 3" body lift.

I had a shop put an angled piece of pipe on either side and weld on the 5" tips I bought. Looks killer! I don't have any pics on my new phone, but if you go to my build thread you can see them there.

I'd recommend gap guards as well for the front wheel wells.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hawki1cr

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Xrsman, how do I find your build thread? I'm still learning how to navigate the site.

OP
OP
Hawki1cr

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never mind. I found it. Your truck is exactly what I'm going for. As many others have said. I ordered my mevotech ucas and Bilsteins today. I'll get those on then move on to the 3" body lift!

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I installed mine myself last August. Easy as hell. One thing to note; when u go to remove the steering connector, take the set screw out completely, don't just loosen it. There is an indent in there that won't let it come off with it just loosened.
You also might want to remove the side steps. I did the front first and it pulled the steps into the rear body. Luckily it didn't hurt anything. PA shorted me a couple bolts as well, customer service was very prompt.