Mat options for carpet delete/vinyl floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
I was at the dealer and debating between WeatherTech mats and Mopar. Decided WT cab width mat would be better since my truck does not have the retaining nub. When the parts woman pulled up the page there was a large warning saying no to use with vinyl floor.

Since it did not say why I decided to hold off and did not check Mopar.

On their website there is a note saying they do not fit.

Anyone know why and if there is the same issue with Mopar or other mats?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I took the weathertechs from my big horn with carpet and put them in my slt with vinyl. and they do fit, but don't have the hooks to hold them in place, and it's a bit of a different shape where they meet the seat frame.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would bet the whole reason the "don't work" with the vinyl floor is it has no hook so the mat can slide up and get pressed against the gas pedal.

raven3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi RCSB Express
There has been several recalls on other brands where the floor mats were not anchored properly causing excessive acceleration and resulting accidents.
Would not use any floor mats with vinyl floor unless secured with adhesive.
Rubber floor mats might work.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Alot of what holds the mats in place are the spiked nubs on the bottom that grip into the carpet. I have them on my husky liners. they dont hook onto the stock floormat hooks, just cover them. without carpet for them to imbed into, they will slide.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mosta Liner just hose the dirt away.

4547415750_a649f5028c_z.jpg

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I debated too but wound up purchasing the WeatherTech full mats. They fit perfectly.

Which ones? If you have a part number or a link, I'd appreciate it.

I struggled with that on my '14 and eventually ended up using a crapload of heavy-duty velcro (and even that adhesive failed in the summer heat).

I like the WeatherTech full floor thingies. If they'll work without carpeting, so much the better.