Max speed alfaobd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trekker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, I wanted to increase the max cruise control setting on my 2017 ram 2500 cummins, looked up the setting to change, changed it and now my truck has 0 throttle response in drive or reverse but revs in neutral or park. The max speed setting in the engine control module set itself to 0 and now will not allow me to change it saying the parameter is outside of allowable. Is there any way to fix this other than going to the dealer?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can you upload your engine module status from before and after the change to google drive, and post it here for us to take a look.

OP
OP
Trekker

Trekker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you upload your engine module status from before and after the change to google drive, and post it here for us to take a look.
I uploaded the status before according to the pinned thread and i went to check it and it is completely blank. How would I upload after

EDIT: Got the after file - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VFUsDVBFESSnFNU-ZMJDfiJp1_cKv5v6

Won't be able to get the before as I guess I did it wrong. Speed says set in the body module but the engine module shows 0 and will not let me change it as it says it must be above 40 mph and below 0 mph (not possible)

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I uploaded the status before according to the pinned thread and i went to check it and it is completely blank. How would I upload after
You need to connect to the engine module and actually read the engine status, then, while your status log is populated, click on the tools up top and upload the log.

OP
OP
Trekker

Trekker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that’s incomplete. What about the other one- system ID?
What do you mean by that?? I think I'm going to have to take this to the dealer. I have gone through every module and looked at every pid for max vehicle speed and they are all either set correctly or will not let me change them away from 0. I went back through every pid I touched when this started. I believe something may be corrupted in the ECU file, I saw this a few times when I used to work on cummins at Ford.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi all, I wanted to increase the max cruise control setting on my 2017 ram 2500 cummins, looked up the setting to change, changed it and now my truck has 0 throttle response in drive or reverse but revs in neutral or park. The max speed setting in the engine control module set itself to 0 and now will not allow me to change it saying the parameter is outside of allowable. Is there any way to fix this other than going to the dealer?

Hi Trekker,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you are not able to determine a solution with the advice provided here and you decide to address this with your dealer, please know that our team is just a PM away and we are more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support through that process.

Mark
RamCares