MBRP Installer Series Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustMove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So, last night I installed the MBRP Installer Series (through rear bumper, NOT the side exit) exhaust system. It was the aluminized system since stainless is a waste of money. It took me about 2 hours start to finish to remove the old system and install the new one, with a small break in between to start the truck with no muffler (awesome). But I just wanted to give anyone else a tip about the install. At least in my case... If you have a crew cab like me, you won't have to replace the front pipe. The kit comes with two lengths of pipe, one is 31" long, the other is 32" long. And in the crew cab, you must cut down the 31" long pipe to 23", making the total pipe length (together) about 55", and the stock front pipe is 54", in my experience that 1" too short makes absolutely no difference since you can make that up by moving the stainless tips in or out to even the system. The only reason I left my front pipe is because it would not slip off (because the clamp was tightened down so much from the factory that it deformed the pipe) and I was short on time to cut it.

The system sounds great, there is a fair amount of drone but it's exactly what I wanted. It's not so loud that you can't hold a conversation even at WOT.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Why is stainless a waist of money? I didn't know aluminized was better then stainless. I just ordered a stainless flowmaster maybe I shouldn't have spent the extra money.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why is stainless a waist of money? I didn't know aluminized was better then stainless. I just ordered a stainless flowmaster maybe I shouldn't have spent the extra money.

Stainless is better no doubt. Aluminized will rust quicker, but I havnt ever had a problem out of it. Honestly even the grades of stainless they use on exhaust will rust but it'll be years down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya I wouldn't put nothing on my truck but stainless.And I've never had stainless rust out. I just wanted to hear why from the op.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I always go with the MBRP Pro Series Catback... however I don't have any drone? Odd...

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I bought my truck used with an aluminized magnaflow dual exhaust. At 3 years old and 26K miles, the tips were brownish yellow and the Y pipe was rusted out.

Soon enough, changed to stainless steel MBRP exhaust - single side exit. No rust and the tip was still shiny and new, I sold it a month or so ago..2 Canadian winters on it.

Point being, in places with snow and salt, stainless steel is NOT a waste of money.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exhaust tones are all subjective but I've never had one vehicle or exhaust ever that didn't drone at certain rpm's!

OP
OP
J

JustMove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Stainless steel is still a waste of money. It's not that it will not rust, it literally just "stains less". Trust me, I worked for a company making stainless and aluminized and raw steel systems. The aluminized (if the weld seam is coated as well, and the pipes are aluminized INSIDE AND OUT) they will not rust for quite a while. Stainless is harder to work with because it doesn't bend well, it doesn't want to clamp down upon itself (prone to leakage). And it will rust in not much longer time than the aluminized. For all who want to know.

I won't be eating my words because I was prepared before I purchased.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
That a blacked out Express you're rockin there?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Looks great! I'm picking up my new blacked out Sport tomorrow... ordered on March 13th so it's been a long wait... fully loaded except for Rambox... CAN NOT WAIT

Moss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the write up on the MBRP, I will be ordering mine tomorrow... I will be taking it to a shop to install as I am not that mechanically inclined to do it myself... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You won't be disappointed...