McGard anti-theft lugnut missing key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philahontas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey gang anyone around north shore have this key to remove anti theft lug nuts? I have a blowout and really need this like now. Lmk if you can let a fellow borrow for 30 min. Will pay if necessary. Aloha

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are different from set to set. There is however a "master key" that dealers should have if they are factory or dealer installed locks.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Wouldn't hurt to call a Ram dealer to see if there is a master but the one's around here don't have them. You might also call a wrecker company and ask them what they do. The removal could be covered with road service.

If the locking stud doesn't have a hardened ring on it, you can drive a tight fitting socket on the stud with a hammer and back it off. If it has the ring, and the one I had did, you need to cut the ring off with a die grinder and then drive on a socket to back it off.

Mcgard will send you a new key if you go to their website, contact them and send a picture of your lock but that will take time.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:biggun: :party36::welcome::party36: I have McGard wheel locks on my truck and my trailer, the keys are different between the two.
2.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca